5 Times Leslie Knope was your Spirit Animal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

If you’re like me and you love Parks and Recreation then you know that Leslie is a wonderfully high maintenance deputy director of the Parks department in Pawnee. I personally believe we all have a little bit of Leslie Knope in us. The Leslie Knope in us manifests itself in many different situations, and here are the few I have personally experienced below!!

1) When you’re really stressed out

Leslie Knope is the best at handling stressed. She is always calm cool and collected…most of the time. If you’ve ever had a moment where you’ve said to yourself “I am super chill all the time” then you’re probably a Leslie Knope

2) When you’re with your friends and boosting them up

Leslie is known for being a good friend and giving everyone she loves many compliments. If you’re the girl who your friends come to and you’re telling them how amazing they are then you’re probably a Leslie Knope.

3) When you motivate yourself

Leslie is a strong and very confident woman but even she has her motivation routine. She can get herself moving when she needs to and she has her goals in order. If you’re a motivated and ambitious woman then you’re probably a Leslie Knope.

4) When you worship breakfast food

Breakfast food, who doesn’t love it. If you value “waffles, friends, work” and you know that waffles has to come second you know what I’m talking about. If you are an avid breakfast food lover then you’re probably a Leslie Knope

5) When you just can’t even today

Even strong ambitious women have their off days and are allowed to slack off a little. Leslie Knope doesn’t typically take days off but when she does she really lets herself relax. If you’ve ever had a day where you just gave up because you couldn’t handle it, then you’re probably a Leslie Knope.

Most of the women I know in my life are strong and wonderful people and almost all of them has at least one amazing quality that Leslie Knope does. If you’ve never seen the show Parks and Recreation I highly suggest it, Leslie Knope as a character is very inspirational and I think we all can learn some valuable lessons from her. So in her own words here is your motivation for the week; “…you poetic, noble, land mermaid” make this week your own!

A sociology major with a love for all things Disney. Kayleigh Monahan is an avid reader and writer and can often be found at her local Starbucks. She is the current President of Kappa Delta Phi National Affiliated Sorority at New Paltz as well as the Campus Correspondent for HC SUNY New Paltz.