5 Reasons to Be Excited for Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

1.You get to see your family!

It’s always so great to spend time with your family, even if they get on your nerves sometimes. Thanksgiving is especially fun because along with some stimulating conversation, you also get a lot of really good food.

2.  The Food!

Of course Thanksgiving isn’t complete without stuffing yourself with too much food and watching television. It tastes even better after eating nothing but dining hall food for three months.

3. Seeing your high-school friends!

This break is also a good time to catch up with people you went to high school with. For some, it may be the first opportunity to hang out since August, which can be an emotional experience.

4. Hanging out with your pets!

Okay guys, I know the real reason you go home is to see your furry friends! Just lots and lots of sloppy kisses.

5. Your Car!

Since freshman at my school can’t have cars, it’s such a relief to be able to drive where I want, when I want to. I love the feeling of freedom just driving down a country road.

Thanksgiving break is such a great time to spend some much needed down time with the people who know you best. Also don’t forget to get your shopping on, Black Friday is right after Thanksgiving!

Shyana is a freshman majoring in Journalism at SUNY New Paltz. Along with HerCampus, she is also active in Relay for Life and the Honors Program. She has an unhealthy obsession with a lot of things, including Netflix, HGTV, anything Disney, Pumpkin Spice, and country music. Her dream is to become a successful magazine writer in either fashion or lifestyle, where she is able to live by the ocean and be close to her family.