mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Country Songs That Never Fail to Get you Hyped for Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Paltz chapter.

We all know that it’s April, which means summer is just around the corner. While trying to scrape together all the motivation in the world to get through finals, it can be hard to think about what great memories summer 2018 will bring. I know that for me, country music is a staple for my summer collection, and here are 10 of my favorite songs from years past that are great for when you hit a patch of the summer blues, and can’t seem to remember how great summer feels.

10) Knee Deep // Zac Brown Band (feat. Jimmy Buffett)

You know I couldn’t start a great summer playlist without a little Jimmy Buffett.

9) Barefoot Blue Jean Night // Jake Owen

This song was last year’s anthem, so adding it here makes a whole lot of sense.  

8) Summertime // Kenny Chesney

Come on, this one’s just common sense. The season is in the title.

7) Drunk on You // Luke Bryan

This one’s a little slow, but still totally a bop. Plus you can’t go wrong with a little Luke Bryan.

6) Heads Carolina, Tails California // Jo Dee Messina

Kind of an obscure artist, but a great song nonetheless, and who doesn’t like a road trip?

5) That’s My Kind of Night // Luke Bryan

Man, Luke Bryan just has a lot of really good summer jams.

4) Pontoon // Little Big Town

A day out on the boat, what could possibly be more summer than that?

3) Its America // Rodney Atkins

I don’t know if it’s just me, but there’s something so classic about this song and it really reminds me of camping as a kid with my grandparents.

2) Dirt Road Anthem // Jason Aldean

This one’s probably just me, but I love jamming to this song while I’m driving down the road with my girls.

1) It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere // Alan Jackson (feat. Jimmy Buffett)

I mean, if you didn’t know this was number one, I question your logic. It’s Jimmy Buffett, and it’s a classic summer country jam. No contest there.

Bonus!

Red Solo Cup // Toby Keith

It’s not a well written song. But put this on and you’ve got a summer anthem for frat boys and girls alike. I’m kind of ashamed to say I enjoy this song, but oh well! I’m also not adding the video for this one because it’s actual trash.

Shyana is a freshman majoring in Journalism at SUNY New Paltz. Along with HerCampus, she is also active in Relay for Life and the Honors Program. She has an unhealthy obsession with a lot of things, including Netflix, HGTV, anything Disney, Pumpkin Spice, and country music. Her dream is to become a successful magazine writer in either fashion or lifestyle, where she is able to live by the ocean and be close to her family.
A sociology major with a love for all things Disney. Kayleigh Monahan is an avid reader and writer and can often be found at her local Starbucks. She is the current President of Kappa Delta Phi National Affiliated Sorority at New Paltz as well as the Campus Correspondent for HC SUNY New Paltz.