Winter Break (As Told By The Office)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

After finishing your last final you book it out of that classroom so fast yelling… 

You’ve been home for two whole days, you’ve only left your room to eat and go to the bathroom cause all you want to do is lay down and watch Netflix.

So you text your friends from high school to hang out cause you haven’t seen them in awhile, and this is bound to happen when you see each other…

You go back to the Netflix life, and your parents start to get mad that you’re not doing anything, so they tell you to either go back to work, or go everywhere with them… 

Christmas Day has finally arrived, and you know the questions are coming from the relatives who want to know everything; “How’s school?” “How’s your love life going?” …and these are the last things you want to be talking about.

The topics of dinner conversations turn to politics, global warming, and the entertainment world of celebrities, movies, and music, and you know you’re going to have one of those family members who has no idea what’s going on…

You get your fall semester grades back, and you’re actually surprised that you did better than you thought!

…Or some of you didn’t do as great…

Shake it off, cause now you can get excited about New Years Eve!!! 

New Years Eve is going to be poppin’, you get to reflect on the past year and you also get to have a fresh start with the new year, but first…

The spring semester is quickly approaching and you’re starting to feel stressed out with the amount of things you’re going to have to do when you get back…

Once you get back to school, you feel overwhelmed with the amount of people around, especially since you were watching Netflix alone in your room for most of break.

Well, now that you’re back at school, it’s time to buckle down and be serious, and get ready to plow through the spring semester as best you can!!!

Oh Michael Scott…

Hope you all had a great holiday and winter break!!

HCXO 

Jill Perniciaro is a Junior at the University of New Haven studying Criminal Justice. She is a Long Island gal at heart but is loving New England more and more every day. Even though her major is unrelated to writing/communications; the entertainment world of TV, movies, fashion, beauty and music is her side passion. Eating, watching movies, going to the gym, shopping, and bowling are also things she likes to do. Jill's fav animals are giraffes, monkeys, and otters. Her favorite color is purple, she loves the Weeknd with all her heart and she's most likely wearing her RayBan's cause she doesn't like to squint. She is a sister of Delta Phi Epsilon and she is hoping to pursue a career in Crime Scene Investigation. She is very happy to be a part of New Haven's HC chapter as secretary & a writer for the blog section :-) You can follow Jill on Twitter @jjillll (4 l's) and on Instagram @jillperniciaro.  HCXO
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!