Welcome to College: As Told by Parks and Recreation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Everyone has a different experience when it comes to their freshman year. The months leading up to move in is the most exciting and stressful time. But don’t worry; once you get to school, everything seems to fall into place (most of the time).

Here are some of the things that may happen your freshman year:

When you get your room assignments and realize that you’re going to be best friends…

But then, you get to campus and realize you are too awkward to make friends…

Then the first week of classes come around and college actually starts. You are ready… kinda…

Soon, the homework starts to pile up and all you want to do is ignore it.

You may start to feel like you can’t handle it.

But you have got to remind yourself you can totally can!

You finally find an amazing group of friends that will always help you survive.

Before you know it, freshman year is over.

Three more years of fun will most likely come with stress. It is important to remember to put yourself first.

Get involved with something you love and get ready to meet the people that will be your friends forever. It will be one of the best years of your life before you have to start thinking about being a real adult.

Make the most of your freshman year! It goes by way too fast…

I am a current Senior at University of New Haven studying Communication: Mass Communications while minoring in Photography and English. I am originally from Hamden, Connecticut, not too far from campus. I am actively involved on campus as the President of the Communication Club. I have a passion for Live TV Production and writing. I love sharing my love and passion of the Communication field with others around me! Follow me on Instagram @veronicaaalynn
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!