UNH Graduate Takes the Big Apple!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Recent graduate of University of New Haven, Nicolette Dammacco is now working full time in the Big Apple at the Economic Club of New York. It is there that she is putting her Communications TV/Film Production degree to good work as a Research Analyst and in Media Development/Relations.

ECNY is a non-partisan club that hold forums with the aim of bringing the leaders of business, government and academics together for discussions of economic, social and other public issues. These speakers have included presidents, presidential candidates, CEO’s of major companies and foreign leaders. Recently, they had the Governor of the Bank of England, the CEO of Google, presidential candidate Donald Trump and the Prime Minister of China. 

With her position, Nicolette is required to edit together videos for the website and events that give overviews of the club’s past season, past 10 years and past 100 years. She is also focusing on strengthening the club’s presence on social media; primarily on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. During events that range from 200-2000 attendees, Nicolette serves as the liaison for media and press and helps out with sign-ins and seating.

Nicolette didn’t always think she’d end up in the world of communications. She started her college career in the CJ department. Dammacco told Her Campus that her biggest regret is waiting so long to switch majors to what she truly loves! She wants undergraduates to “take every opportunity possible that’ll give you the jumpstart you need after graduating to get a great position in the field you studied in.” According to Dammacco, joining clubs, teams, volunteering, and getting close with your professors substantially helps you post-grad. She also recommends stepping out of your comfort zone so you can learn to handle different situations!

While she was at UNH, she was a member of Phi Sigma Sigma sorority where she was Member at Large. She was also part of the Her Campus Family as the blog editor! Nicolette truly believes it was her involvement in clubs and Greek life that opened up doors for her to grow as a person and a leader. She even landed an internship in her field through the help of the Career Development Center at UNH. “The CDC is also the main reason why I believe I got my first internship at NBC Universal working with the Jerry Springer and Steve Wilkos shows.”

Nicolette visits West Haven often to catch up with friends and attend big events on campus. Make sure to say “Hi” if you see her around! Way to go Nicolette! Her Campus New Haven is so proud of the woman you are! You are role model for each one of us.

Bri Sirota

New Haven

I'm Bri and I'm the campus correspondent for HC New Haven! I love dunkin donuts iced coffee, the beach, and all things turquoise!
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!