alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Things All UNH Students Want This Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Merry Christmas Eve, fellow Chargers! We hope you’re enjoying your winter break. In light of the holiday season, we compiled a list of things we wish UNH would give us this Christmas:

1. Working wifi

Let’s face it. We pay thousands of dollars per semester to come to this university, so we should at least have wifi that doesn’t go out every other day, especially at 11:47 p.m., when we’re all trying to submit a paper for our 11:59 p.m. deadline that we completely procrastinated on.

2. More parking spaces

Seriously, I don’t understand why they think it’s okay to take away parking spots to create new buildings on campus. Yeah, it’s awesome that campus is being expanded, but if you’re going to expand the campus to hold more students, it might make sense to offer parking for more students. I’m not even a commuter, and I see the issues with parking.

3. Pandinis to come back

Honestly, who said it was okay to get rid of Pandinis? I miss my three cheese raviloi. RIP Pandinis. 

4. Less emails

Oh my god. I would just love one day that my phone doesn’t vibrate 30 times because of new emails from things that I quite honestly don’t care about. 

5. Chipotle where Sandellas used to be

‘Nuff said. 

6. An A in all of my classes

Please Santa! I’ve been a good girl this year…well, sort of. 

7. Real art on campus

I can’t even find a picture of the statues that UNH calls “art.” But for real, what is that black thing between the side of Soundview and the library parking lot? If you’re going to spend money on art, at least make it look nice. 

8. Extended break

We slave away for 15 weeks every semester, only to get a mere 4 weeks off for winter break. I mean, it’s cool, not like a value my mental health or anything…

9. President Kaplan’s Audi

It must be nice to make enough money off of our tuition to get able to have a couple of these. While you’re at it, why don’t you give us all a complimentary Audi when we commit to UNH? Oh right, because there wouldn’t be enough parking on campus for them. 

10. Bartels to stop giving us diarrhea

Bartels or Fartels? The world may never know. 

11. Health Services to stop telling me I’m pregnant

True story. I can’t even tell you how many girls I know who have been victims to this. Just because we have stomach or back pains does not make us pregnant. Seriously, don’t give me a heart attack like that though, Health Services. I love babies, but I don’t want to have one for a very long time. 

12. Seagulls to stop pooping on me

…Seriously, who invited you, seagulls? You don’t even go here. 

Happy Holidays!

Love,

Her Campus New Haven

Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!
Kaitlin Mahar is a member of the class of 2016 at the University of New Haven in pursuit of a B.S. in Communication with minor in Theater, and she hopes to have a career as an actress. While she doesn't particularly like piña coladas or getting caught in the rain, she's rather fond of Mountain Dew and 90° weather with plenty of sun and humidity.