Meet Melody Miller ’17!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Meet Melody Miller, Class of 2017!

Melody Miller is a Forensic Science and Chemistry double major from Nashua, New Hampshire. You’ve probably seen her face around campus, since she is so involved. Melody is Sergeant-at-Arms for the Forensic Science and Chemistry Club, a member of American Chemical Society, and a sister of Phi Sigma Sigma. If that isn’t enough, you can also catch Melody at work! She works as a laboratory assistant in the Chemistry Department here at UNH.  

We asked Melody what her favorite class has been at UNH. Her response, “Ethics with Professor Bellamy. At first I thought I was going to hate it, but the discussions in class made it so interesting, and I was excited to go to each class.” Follow Melody’s footsteps and try out Ethics with Bellamy, maybe you will love it as much as her!

In her spare time, Melody enjoys attending her favorite UNH events. Her #1 favorite event is Homecoming. Melody said, “I think it’s a great time to see the alumni come back and have a good time with everyone.” Melody also shared with Her Campus, “I have an unhealthy obsession with X-Files. I binge watched 9 seasons of it over the course of winter break to be ready for the new season that started in January.”

Being a double science major, Melody told Her Campus her ‘go-to hangout spot’ is definitely the library. “The library is my favorite place on campus, definitely like my second home,” says Miller. After graduation, Melody plans on attending graduate school to further her education in chemistry and earn her Ph.D. to ultimately become a Forensic Toxicologist.

Just last week, Melody was able to attend the American Academy of Forensic Sciences Annual Meeting, which was held in Las Vegas. When talking about the event, Melody said, “It consisted of scientific sessions within the different fields of forensic science. Just to name a few examples, there were questioned documents, criminalistics, pathology, and toxicology. I was able to go because I applied back in October through the Forensic Science and Chemistry Club. Every year, they sponsor a group of students to represent UNH at this conference. I also met Kathy Reichs, which was a huge deal to me. She’s the author of the books the TV show Bones is based on and is a forensic anthropologist.”

Keep up the great work Melody!

Bri Sirota

New Haven

I'm Bri and I'm the campus correspondent for HC New Haven! I love dunkin donuts iced coffee, the beach, and all things turquoise!
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!