Meet Melissa Dechello!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Her Campus had the pleasure of interviewing the newest 2016 New England Patriots cheerleader, Melissa Dechello!

Melissa Dechello is a senior Nutrition and Dietetics major with a minor in psychology from Hamden, CT.  If you go to school events, you may have seen her, for she is the face to the beautiful pipes that sing the National Anthem! Melissa wants to get her masters degree in nutrition and eventually become a nutritional counselor, or, her dream job, a Registered Dietitian.

Being a professional dancer is a big dream come true! It ties in being in great shape, with all her hobbies including yoga, spinning, singing, dancing and hiking at Sleeping Giant State Park!

Fun fact: “I have been a singer involved in musical theatre since age 10. I have been dancing since age 4. I have traveled around the country teaching and performing dance professionally for the past 5 years. “

Congratulations on this big accomplishment, and best of luck on your journey into your bright future!

Want to keep up with Melissa on her journey as a New England Patriots cheerleader? Follow her on Instagram: @mel_dechell!

Hi! My name is Taylor and I am a Business Management major with a double minor in Marketing and Psychology. I'm originally from Brooklyn but then moved to East Meadow, NY, on Long Island. I am the President of the American Marketing Association on campus and I was an intern and then worked my way up to retail operations for the NY Islanders Hockey Club before their big move to Brooklyn. A fun fact about me would be that I used to run track and cross country throughout all of high school and I've completed a half marathon in approximately 1 hour and 42 minutes!
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!