Meet Elissa Sanci ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Her Campus New Haven had the pleasure to talk with Co-Campus Correspondents Elissa Sanci, who is also the Editor-in-Chief of The Charger Bulletin, University of New Haven’s weekly newspaper!

Name: Elissa Sanci

Hometown: Elmont, NY

Year: Senior

Major: Communication, with an English minor

HC: Aside from your involvement with The Charger Bulletin, what else are you involved with on campus?

Elissa: Aside from The Charger Bulletin and Her Campus, I’m a sister of Phi Sigma Sigma and I work as a Customer Service Attendant at the Beckerman Recreation Center.

HC: How long have you been involved with The Charger Bulletin?

Elissa: I’ve been involved with The Charger Bulletin since my first week as a freshman, which was more than three years ago! I started as a staff reporter, then moved up to Opinion Editor and Copy Editor my sophomore year. Last year, I was the Assistant Editor.

HC: Tell our readers a little about what you do as the Editor-in-Chief of The Charger Bulletin.

Elissa: As Editor-in-Chief, I’m responsible for the creating the layout of the paper each week! Each Monday, I create that week’s paper by arranging the weekly articles. I make sure that all the content is accurate and timely, and free of grammatical and spelling errors. I also write news and opinion articles, as well as handling all the bills for the paper.

HC: What are your biggest future goals and aspirations?

Elissa: My dream is to work as a magazine journalist for TIME magazine. I would love to be able to walk by newsstands and see my article featured on the cover of a magazine; that would be amazing! I love writing, talking to people and storytelling, and I’ve always wanted to be a journalist.

HC: Who/what has helped you get to where you are now?

Elissa: I wouldn’t be where I am today without the support of my family and friends. So many of my Communication professors at UNH have also helped me grow as a journalist, so I’m very thankful for them as well. Of course, I’m also grateful to anyone who has read my work and given me feedback!

The Charger Bulletin has been the official newspaper of the University of New Haven since 1938. You can find a copy of the paper, distributed weekly on Wednesdays, on stands throughout campus. 

Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!
Elissa is a 21-year-old college student studying journalism in New Haven, Connecticut. Hailing from Long Island, she doesn’t correct anyone who assumes she’s from the city, just like she doesn’t correct anyone who assumes she’s a student at Yale. In addition to being one of the Co-Founders and Campus Correspondents for Her Campus New Haven, she is also Editor-in-Chief of UNH's university newspaper. Besides drinking too much coffee and daydreaming about traveling the world, she spends most of her time writing, reading and complaining about the weather. Follow her at @elissasanci