Meet Courtney Crossgrove!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Courtney Crossgrove is a Nutrition and Dietetics major with a minor in Psychology from Moravia, New York. If you think you recognize Courtney, you probably do since she is very involved around campus.

Courtney is a part of the UNH track and field team as well as a member of the Nutrition and Dietetics club, the scholarship chair for Phi Sigma Sigma, and the academic excellence chair of the National Panhellenic Council. She says that her involvement in Phi Sigma Sigma and Panhellenic has benefitted her in so many ways, and has made her the strong women that she is today.

“Phi Sig helped me come out of my shell and grow as an individual. I am a stronger woman and definitely present myself better. It helps to know that I have this great group of women that will always support me. Phi Sig has given me amazing friendships and the opportunity to involve myself. It has also helped me see the potential in myself and given me the confidence to go out and fulfill that potential. Panhellenic has built upon all of these great benefits and given me the opportunity to see how so many different people can come together and are all connected. Concerning myself with the good of all sorority women has made me a better woman overall.”

Her involvement with the track and field team definitely keeps her busy. When asked how she handles being an athlete with all the other stresses of school, Courtney answered “I honestly ask myself this question all the time. It’s really a matter of making what I want happen.” She has to schedule her days by the hour, but in the end, it is all worth it and she is happy with her hectic life. This busy life that Courtney lives became worth while when she recently broke her personal record in hammer and discus throwing.

Courtney dedicates a lot of her time to her studies, and shared some study tips with Her Campus, “Always get an adequate amount of sleep. It helps your memory and your critical thinking. Your brain always works better on a great night of sleep. Also, schedule in breaks when you are studying. Go to the gym, get some food, go for a walk, or watch that episode of Netflix. The quality of your study time matters and your brain can only work for so long before you lose that quality.”

When she is not throwing hammers and being an excellent scholar, Courtney can be found reading comics or watching the Marvel series on Netflix. Courtney also considers herself to be a foodie and loves to search for great places to eat, especially ones featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. 

In the future, Courtney hopes to be working for the Clippers basketball team as their dietitian/cook. In the mean time, she is okay with a position in food service management at a college or university or just working at a gym or GNC. Good luck Courtney! We at Her Campus New Haven can’t wait to see all you accomplish!

Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!