Meet Campus Correspondent Caitlin Duncan!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Name: Caitlin Duncan

Major: Communication with a concentration in Journalism

Hometown: Enfield, CT

Graduation Year: 2017

Relationship Status: Happily taken

Meet one of our Campus Correspondants and President, Caitlin Duncan! Caitlin started Her Campus New Haven last fall. “I stumbled across Her Campus during my freshman year at UNH. I really enjoyed reading the articles, and I noticed that they had chapters at some college campuses. I wanted to apply to bring Her Campus to UNH at the end of my freshman year, but I chickened out because I didn’t think I’d get it,” says Caitlin. Lucky for us, by the end of her sophomore year she applied and about a year later here we are!

So far this year, the Her Campus team has published tons of amazing articles all under the supervision of Caitlin, who is also the Editor-in-Chief.  “I hope to expand our team next year; that’s one of my biggest goals. I also want to put on campus wide events. I definitely want to get our name out there so we can increase our traffic!” Caitlin said in terms of next year for HC New Haven.

Thanks to Her Campus, Caitlin was able to attend the HC College Fashion week in NYC! “One of our writers was even a model in the show! It was an awesome experience, and I was able to sit VIP at the show.” Not only was she a VIP at a NYC fashion show, but Caitlin was also given the opportunity to speak at Her Conference: High School. Caitlin said, “The conference was for high school girls, and there were multiple panels on everything they need to know about college. I spoke on a panel about how to choose extracurricular activities. It was an awesome experience being able to meet the national Her Campus team, as well as some of the other campus correspondents from other chapters!”

Caitlin at Her Conference: High School

Aside from Her Campus, Caitlin is also a staff writer and copy-editor for The Charger Bulletin, a sister of Alpha Sigma Alpha, and a member of Delta Alpha Pi National Honor Society, Lambda Pi Eta National Honor Society, Sigma Tau Delta National Honor Society, and Gamma Sigma Alpha Honor Society. All of her involvement should definitely help her land her dream job. She told HC New Haven, “At the risk of sounding totally cliché, I really hope to get a job with Her Campus after I graduate. I absolutely love the type of writing on their website, and the Her Campus brand is amazing!”

This summer Caitlin is taking a much needed vacation to Aruba in August, but only after her internship! Caitlin will be interning in Manhattan this summer with Monthly Gift. as their Communications intern!

Keep up with Caitlin’s summer adventures on social media:

Twitter: @CaitlinDuncan_

Instagram: @CaitDunc

Bri Sirota

New Haven

I'm Bri and I'm the campus correspondent for HC New Haven! I love dunkin donuts iced coffee, the beach, and all things turquoise!
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!