Letter From the Editors: Here Comes HC New Haven

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Dear Chargers,

Our names are Caitlin Duncan and Elissa Sanci, and we are your Her Campus New Haven Co-Correspondents. We are extremely excited to bring HC to the University of New Haven, and we hope you are, too!  Since we are new to campus this semester, we are here to answer a few questions for you:

Caitlin (left) and Elissa (right)

The question we’ve heard the most is: What is Her Campus? Her Campus is a global community on more than 290 college campuses around the world, with a team of more than 7,000 contributors. We will be uploading content daily, which will be tailored to our campus.

You may see us referring to ourselves, and you, as collegiettes. No, we are not misspelling collegiate! A collegiette is “an ambitious, savvy, aspirational college girl who wants to get as much as she can out of the college experience by doing everything she can to prepare herself for life after college, and having as much fun as possible while she’s at it.”

What is our goal with Her Campus New Haven? As journalism students, we wanted to do what we do best –share our writing with everyone. Here at HC New Haven, we are about empowering women on our campus, and we hope to inspire the amazingly beautiful women on our campus to be the very best they can be!

How can you get involved with Her Campus New Haven? You don’t need to be a writer to be involved! In addition to writers, we are looking for photographers, graphic designers and publicity team members. If you are interested in joining our staff, email us at new-haven@hercampus.com, so we can talk about where you’d fit in on our staff.

If you don’t want to join our staff, but are wondering what you can do to support Her Campus New Haven, here are a few suggestions:1.     Read our content. We are writing for you, Chargers!2.     Connect with us on social media! Like our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.3.     Send us your feedback! If you ever have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions, our email is always open to you.

We are so excited to start this incredible journey with you, and sincerely hope you enjoy the ride. Here’s to the start of new adventures.

Lots of HC Love,Caitlin and Elissa

Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!
Elissa is a 21-year-old college student studying journalism in New Haven, Connecticut. Hailing from Long Island, she doesn’t correct anyone who assumes she’s from the city, just like she doesn’t correct anyone who assumes she’s a student at Yale. In addition to being one of the Co-Founders and Campus Correspondents for Her Campus New Haven, she is also Editor-in-Chief of UNH's university newspaper. Besides drinking too much coffee and daydreaming about traveling the world, she spends most of her time writing, reading and complaining about the weather. Follow her at @elissasanci