HC New Haven Takes College Fashion Week NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Saturday, Oct. 10, Her Campus hosted their annual College Fashion Week at Santos Party House. Swarms of collegiettes, fashionistas, sponsors, and performers filled the venue in downtown New York City.

http://www.collegefashionweek.com

Upon entering the venue, the first 400 attendees were greeted with goody bags filled with “free swag” from event sponsors. Bags included goodies from European Wax Center, SOREL, Skinny Pop, Luna, StyleWatch, Jamberry, Milani, and more!

Photo Credit: Her Campus Adelphi

Before the show began, guests were able to hangout with some event sponsors at five different interactive stations.

At the SOREL stand, collegiettes not only got first look at their fall collection, but were also able to snap a pic at the SOREL photo booth for a chance to win a $300 shopping spree!

Photo Credit: Her Campus

Around the corner, Monthly Gift had their pink carpet/video station. Guests learned about #AreYouGifted, and took walk on the pink carpet where Monthly Gift paparazzi took pictures of them with awesome props! Collegiettes didn’t leave the station empty handed! Free swag included bubble gum, lip balm, and #AreYouGifted hair ties.

Her Campus New Haven Staff Enjoying Monthly Gift’s Pink Carpet

European Wax Center wowed guests with their Browfection Bar. Collegiettes got the star treatment and learned how they, too, can be brow beautiful!

Photo Credit: citystylescene on instagram Near the stage, the Jamberry Nail Bar had collegiettes learning how easy it is to style your nails with Jamberry’s nail wraps. With a wide variety of wraps, girls left with a new pop of style on their nails!

jamberry.comThe Little Words Project Arm Party booth had some of the cutest friendship bracelets around. Their bracelets feature an inspirational word in the beads. Pass the bracelet on to a friend when they need some inspiration!

Photo Credit: Littlewordsproject on Instagram

Essentia Water helped guests stay hydrated throughout the night with their Water Sampling Station.

essentiawater.comWhen it was time for the show to begin, the crowd went wild for the two opening performers, Columbia Sharp and Teenear. Columbia Sharp is Columbia University’s newest all male a cappella group. Needless to say, they instantly melted the hearts of all the ladies. The group was so loved, in fact, the crowd demanded an encore performance! You can check them out at www.columbiasharp.com!

18 year old, Miami R&B artist Teenear hit the stage after Columbia Sharp. She performed her single, “Friday Night,” and blew the crowd away with her voice and dance moves. Signed to Slip N Slide Records, Teenar expects to grow with the help from label associates, Trina and Sebastian Mikael. Give her a listen at www.teenear.com

cfwapp.com

After the opening acts, the College Fashion Show began! The show was organized into four different scenes: Time for Class, Weekend Fun, Date Night, and Let’s Party!  All outfits rocked clothing from official fashion sponsor Forever 21 and boots from official shoe sponsor SOREL. GLAMSQUAD provided all hair and makeup services and Milani Cosmetics supplied all makeup products.

Her Campus New Haven Writer, Shani Robinson, modeling at College Fashion WeekCollege Fashion Week is all about reflecting the diversity among collegiettes everywhere and showing off the hottest styles of the season. The show featured all real student models! Collegiettes could easily apply to the model casting call via Her Campus Media’s College Fashion Week website when registering for the event.

Her Campus New Haven at #CollegeFashionWeekWith everything happening during the show, Her Campus made it very easy to stay informed and connected. Cfwapp.com was the web-based program for the event. Guests could access the site on their mobile devices to see what was going on and read more about the sponsors and performers. Remember to check out #CollegeFashionWeek on all social media sites to see pics from the event!

Bri Sirota

New Haven

I'm Bri and I'm the campus correspondent for HC New Haven! I love dunkin donuts iced coffee, the beach, and all things turquoise!
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!