Get to Know Glenn Rohrbacker!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Name: Glenn Rohrbacker

Hometown: Holbrook (Long Island), NY

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Major: Communication (Journalism)

Year: Junior

Campus Involvement: The Charger Bulletin, Fully Charged, USGA, WNHU

Her Campus (HC): What’s your favorite eatery on campus?

Glenn: Sandellas, if I had to pick one.

HC: What’s the best class you’ve taken?

Glenn: Probably Writing for the Media with Josh Kovner. It was the first time I felt like I was learning something I really enjoyed.

HC: What’s your go to hangout spot on campus?

Glenn: My office.

HC: What’s the best dorm to live in at the University of New Haven?

Glenn: Probably Westside, even though I didn’t live there.

HC: What was your worst subject in high school?

Glenn: Anything math related.

HC: What’s your favorite University of New Haven event/tradition?

Glenn: Spring Weekend has always been a great time.

HC: What’s your dream job?

Glenn: Editor in Chief.

HC: What’s your dream city to live in?

Glenn: New York or L.A.

HC: What’s your favorite thing to do in downtown New Haven?

Glenn: Go to Shake Shack.

HC: What are your hobbies/talents?

Glenn: I’m a musician, and I DJ.

HC: Who is your three celebrity crushes?

Glenn: Selena Gomez, Selena Gomez, and Selena Gomez.

HC: Who is your celebrity role model?

Glenn: Is Barack Obama a celebrity?

HC: Who is your favorite artist at the moment?

Glenn: My overall favorite artist is John Mayer, but Jon Bellion is where it’s at right now for me.

HC: If you could be any character from Friends, then who would you be?

Glenn: I am Chandler from Friends. End of story.

HC: What is your dream career?

Glenn: Something in journalism or politics.

HC: What is your favorite meme?

Glenn: I’m really into these Meryl Streep memes that just started, but Barack and Joe will always be a classic.

HC: What is a fun fact about you?

Glenn: I know more about the show Friends than a normal person should.

HC: What is your favorite quote?

Glenn: “If the First Amendment means anything, it means that a state has no business telling a man, sitting in his own house, what books he may read or what films he watches.” – Justice Thurgood Marshall.

HC: Is it hard being so far away from home?

Glenn: I’m only a two hour drive or a ferry ride away, but I like being on my own and the town and area around UNH is fairly similar to where I live on LI.

HC: What’s your favorite part about being the Editor in Chief for the Charger Bulletin? 

Glenn: Being EIC allows me to make a lot of important decisions that affect a lot of people. I am able to make decisions that affect the way the campus community sees the university, the local area, or the world, and I take it very seriously. But, I enjoy being able to have that influence.

HC: What’s your advice for the class of 2021 next year? 

Glenn: Don’t wait for inspiration. Go out and make opportunities for yourselves. Do as much as you can, pack your schedule, and do things that you love. Something I learned early on in college is that if you don’t love what you’re doing, then do something else.

Follow Glenn on Twitter and Instagram @glennrohrbacker!

Khaaliq is a transfer student at the University of New Haven in his sophomore year studying Communications (TV/Video Production and Journalism) with a minor in Black Studies hailing from the 516. In his free time, he enjoys online shopping, blogging, eating, going to concerts and keeping up wth all things celebrity gossip and Beyonce related. In the future, he aspires to have this own talk show on a hip-hop/urban radio station Wendy Williams-style while producing TV shows/films, hosting reality shows reunions and publishing his own autobiography. All while becoming Zac Efron's husband and Beyonce's number one gay friend.
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!