This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

If you’re new to New England, go out and explore the things that Connecticut and the surrounding area has to offer this fall!

West Haven Apple Festival 2016

This year is West Haven’s 13th year of the Apple Festival. Hosted by the First Congregational Church on the West Haven Green on Sept. 23rd, 24th, 25th. There will be activities such as rides, food and craft tables, bands, community booths, and a car show. Make room for tons of apple-inpired foods, including cider, and a crazy but essential amount of apple desserts.

The Durham Fair

Hosted September 22-25, 2016. The fair features something for everyone! They have one of the best Farm Museums in New England. There will be exhibits including flowers, fruits and vegetables, and an annual Giant Pumpkins Competition. Also, there is a Craft Tent exhibit showcasing some of the top crafters in New England with some of the best food and crafts in Connecticut.

THE BIG E!

Hosted in West Springfield Massachusetts on Sept. 16th through Oct. 2nd. This year they are celebrating 100 Years! This huge event has something for everyone! There is an extreme amount of food! It includes certain locations that have specialty dishes from certain states in New England. There are dozens of outdoor vendors where you have a variety of things to buy from appliances, clothing, cosmetics, jewelry, wooden ornaments, etc. They have rides, a circus, bands, parades, and animals like pig races and the Budweiser Clydesdales! It is definitely an experience you don’t want to miss out on!

Pumpkins on the Pier Festival

Hosted at Walnut Beach, Milford, CT on Saturday, October 8th. All funds raised support the non-profit Milford Boys & Girls Club. You can pick one of New England’s freshest grown pumpkins, and either enter it in the carving contest, decorate it and compete in a competition, or just take it home for decoration! You can buy a variety of homemade items from the arts and craft vendors. There’s food, a mini golf course on the beach, and a laser light show at night.

Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!