This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at New Haven chapter.

Ladies, give the basic black cat a rest this Halloween. Instead get a little more creative this year and try out these cute costumes you can put together yourself.

Greaser

“Tell me about it stud.” You can’t go wrong with being a cute Greaser like Sandy. All you need is that black outfit with the leather jacket and the big curly hair. Add red lips, nails and shoes to give it a better look.

Mickey Mouse

This is a great cute and easy couples’ outfit. All black with red bottoms and those big Mickey ears. Not hard at all and people will definitely recognize the face of Disney.

Harley Quinn

Harley Quinn is the hottest, bad chick to just hit the theatre. Fishnets, shorts, the famous T-shirt (or a simple baseball T-shirt), biker gloves, the stylish pigtails with colored tips. Finish the look off with the signature baseball bat.

Gumball Machine

Get creative! This has to be the most creative costume I have seen yet, and something I would have never thought of. Get a plain top and glue on some gumballs, or colorful arts and crafts puff balls (similar to cotton balls). Red bottoms, and you mustn’t forget the little quarter slot.

Minions

If you’re going out as a group, nothing cuter than traveling as a group of Minions. Yellow tights, shorts, suspenders, yellow shirt with sticker, yellow hats and the cute goggles. You can also be creative and make the hats like they did in the picture. Get fabric and sew the goggles on to the yellow hats, and also attaching black pipe cleaners to the top.

Ninja Turtles

Another cool group costume is the Ninja Turtles. Simple and adventurous.

Barbie

“Come on Barbie, let’s go party!” Looking for sassy and girly? Barbie’s your gal. This look is cute and fierce. Athletic Barbie, all you need is a Barbie leotard, a headband and some leggings and legwarmers to go with it.  

University of New Haven Class of 2020. Forensic Science Major. Enjoys the city lights and the summer nights.
Hi! My name is Caitlin Duncan. I'm from Enfield, CT, and a senior at University of New Haven. I am the Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus New Haven. I am also a Founding Member of Alpha Sigma Alpha's Theta Omega chapter. In my free time, I can be found singing Taylor Swift, reading, or cuddling with my dogs, Paisley and Mandy. Feel free to contact me at caitduncan@hercampus.com! HCXO!