This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Midterms and exams are right around the corner. Homework is piling up. You’ve pulled your fourth all-nighter of the week and it’s Thursday. Your room looks like a war zone. None of your “friends” are texting you. It seems like you’ve reached your breaking point.

You are not alone. I completely understand what you’re feeling at this moment. It seems like it’s a never-ending cycle that won’t get any better nor does anyone think it matters.  Don’t think that your problems are irrelevant compared to others who are dealing with “more serious” issues. If someone is drowning in water that is seven feet deep and you’re drowning in water that is four feet deep, both of you are still drowning. 

Coming from someone who has struggled with mental health problems, please feel free to reach out to me. If you ever need someone to talk to or vent to, email me at osotioch@ncsu.edu and I will definitely respond ASAP with my phone number so that we can go from there. If you don’t feel comfortable doing that, please don’t hesitate to explore the many resources that the NC State Counseling Center offers. 

Ony Otiocha is the Co-Senior Editor of Her Campus at North Carolina State University. She joined during her freshman year, making this her third year on Her Campus as a writer. Outside of Her Campus, Ony is a third year at North Carolina State University, studying Biological Sciences with a concentration in Human Biology and minoring in Forensic Science. She works at two different hospitals and volunteers at a local clinic--taking care of patients from all walks of life. Ony is also a staff photographer with NC State University Student Media, where she takes photographs of different news and sports events for outlets like Technician, Agromeck, and Nubian Message at NC State University. Ony was also a teaching assistant for biochemistry during the spring semester and will continue to do so for next semester. When she is not in class or working, Ony enjoys listening to music, painting, photography, and reading novels in her free time. She is a huge fan of books written by James Patterson, Karen Kingsbury, and Jodi Picoult. Ony also loves volunteering with children at her local church, which she has been doing for almost three years! She is passionate about not only creating safe spaces for children but also advocating on their behalf.