This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Seriously, go pull it up on Netflix, grab your favorite snack, and prepare to binge! Coming from someone who’s on her third watch-through of the show, it’s fantastic. Every person who asks for a Netflix recommendation from me receives the same answer, 

“New Girl.”

It’s a one of a kind show starring Zoe Deschanel as the quirky but so lovable, Jessica Day, Jake Johnson as the grumpy yet hilarious Nick Miller, Max Greenfield as Schmidt (somehow indescribable), and Lamorne Morris as the wholesome, cat dad. All in all, the cast is impeccable with everyone taking the entire persona of their character. One of my best friends recommended the show to me, and it comes up in our conversations together daily. 

When the show first premiered on Fox, it began as a Zoe Deschanel vehicle with her face plastered on billboards all over America… the intense marketing scheme worked out, as the show had an enormous audience, and in turn, became a massive hit! However, as the season went underway, people that came for Deschanel ended up staying for one of the top ensemble casts for a sitcom in the 2010s. Megan Fox, Prince, and Gordon Ramsay even make appearances! The show is known for a multitude of its own creations, from catchphrases to their infamous “All American” drinking game. 

New Girl’s 146 incredibly funny episodes are unmatched and are all available on Netflix right now. If anything, I recommend giving it a shot! You will be sucked into the gang’s bright, fun world for about 21 minutes and most likely will leave you wanting more. 

PS: My boyfriend loves New Girl, showcasing that the show is enjoyable for even the toughest audiences! LOL! 

Hi there! I am a junior majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Buisness Admin, from Charlotte, NC! I'm so excited about this opportunity to turn my hobby of writing into something more <3
Hi! My name is Isabella Castineyra, I am a senior majoring in communication media with minors in journalism and criminology. I am from Boston originally, so I am all for Boston sports teams (go Pats)! I love taking naps, listening to Billy Joel, and rewatching the same shows over and over again. Go Pack!!