Why “We’re Not Really Strangers” Is the Next Game You Should Play

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Warning: Feelings may arise

If you are on Tik Tok, then you might have come across the game “We’re Not Really Strangers” (WNRS). The game was created by Koreen, a LA based artist. The game’s main focus is to create meaningful connections between those who play. There are three different levels to the game with each level asking more meaningful and deeper questions.

Level 1: Perception

The first level of the game is based on perception. This level’s main focus is about getting to know what one’s first impression or assumptions might be about you. 

My favorite question: What about me intrigues you?

Level 2: Connection

The second level dives a little more deeper into getting to know the person (or people) you are playing with. Some questions may require you to really think about your answer. 

My favorite question: What’s the most pain you’ve ever been in that wasn’t physical?

Level 3: Reflection

The last level of the game is focused on reflecting on all of the questions that have already been asked, while still asking difficult (and maybe uncomfortable) questions. 

My favorite question: Why do you think we met?

Playing WNRS will allow you to gain a better understanding of whoever you play with. In addition to the 150 questions, there are also bonus packs that are available to buy. Bonus packs include the Breakup Edition, Relationship Expansion Pack, Honest Dating Expansion Pack, and the WNRS x Red Table Talk Expansion Pack. 

Mollie Mitchell is a freshman at NC State University majoring in Communications with a Media concentration and a double minor in Journalism and Science Communications. Mollie enjoys hanging with friends, photography, and writing for HER Campus!
Junior at NCSU majoring in Communication Media Lover of strawberry ice cream and classic rock VP of Her Campus NCSU