This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

As we get into football season, let’s look at why Raleigh, NC is the place to be for all your sports needs!

If you are a college football fan, get excited because the NC State Wolfpack has been killing it in the ACC the past 3 seasons. With Carter-Finley Stadium selling out for every home game, one can only imagine how excited the fans are to be there. If you are not a fan of the Wolfpack though, you can drive 30 minutes down the road to its rivals, UNC or Duke, and attend their games instead! Regardless of who you are rooting for, the triangle will not disappoint with its college teams.

Not a college football fan? Fear not, because the Carolina Panthers are only a 3 hour drive away with their base being in Charlotte! With Bank of America Stadium being their home, the Panthers have been a staple to the Carolinas since the 90s. The team’s work in the community is one that is respected by both Panthers fans and rivals. Panthers fans are dedicated and will always come out and support their team.

And if football just isn’t your thing, basketball, hockey, and baseball are just some of the other sports North Carolina prides itself in. From the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets to the ACC’s Blue Devils, Wolfpack, and Tarheels, there is a lot of basketball to be watched when the winter time arrives. And don’t forget about the Hurricanes Hockey Team who has been dominating in the NHL based in State’s capital. The Charlotte Knights are always a staple in the spring and so is the Wolfpack baseball team who has nearly made it to the top for the past few seasons.

With Raleigh’s growing population, it’s no wonder people love the state’s capital!

My name is Rose Soltani and I am a writer of Her Campus at NC State University. I love writing and sharing my thoughts and ideas with everyone! I am a 4th year Business Administration Major with a Concentration in Marketing and I am also minoring in Middle East Studies. Upon graduation I am looking forward to attending law school due to my passion for law and legal rights issues. In the summer of 2022, I was fortunate enough to be a part of Duke University Law School's Pre-Law Fellowship. I learned so much valuable information about preparing for law school as well as the legal field. This past summer, I focused on studying for the LSAT. I was raised in Charlotte, NC and am the oldest of 3 children. I have 2 younger brothers so I love spending time with when I am back at home. I love baking, traveling, going for walks, and spending time with family and friends in my free time. Some of my favorite movies include How to Lose a Guy in 10 days and Father of the Bride.