Upset Brewing? Preview of NC State vs. Syracuse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Well State fans, this is the game that you have been waiting for. These are the games that Mark Gottfried was hired for and hoping to bring a new presence to NC State basketball. Syracuse comes to the RBC Center ranked as the number 1 team in the land because of recent losses to Kentucky and Ohio State.

As everyone knows, Syracuse is a physical, tough, and big team that plays mostly a zone against their opponents. They have only been allowing 57 points, while putting up 80 points a game. For an upset to come in Raleigh, the Wolfpack will have to play much better than they have, and if they are able to get a lead, keep it through the second half. In their recent games, they have struggled against opponents they should have beat – or should have destroyed.

In this game, they will have to have their three pointers fall against that zone defense, which will help spread out and make more room for their big players down low. If they are not able to spread out the Syracuse defense, States big men will have no shot down low because of how the Orangemen swarm around players. This is the game that will show where State really is and will show how far they will need to go to become a national powerhouse.

Other Sports News:

– NC State has sold out in tickets for the Belk Bowl vs. Louisville.

– Lady Wolfpack lost to Richmond 72-58 on Thursday night.

– The diving team will compete at USA Nationals.

– Chris Overman was named a Preseason All-American.

Want more sports? Check out Patrick’s personal Sports News Website! Leave comments and become a member!

Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!