This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Springtime is full of blooming flowers, pastel colors and all the sunshine you could ever ask for. This spring I’ve noticed how many people take the opportunity to exercise with their best friends – their furry friends. Spring is all about new beginnings and the best way to do that is to find a new companion. Nowadays, it’s so common to spend thousands of dollars on perfectly bred animals when we should really be looking at the ones who struggle to find homes. I present to you a list of some local rescue centers that have a variety of pets up for adoption that are looking for new and loving homes.

Second Chance Pet Adoptions

Located in the heart of Raleigh, this rescue center is the perfect place to find a sweet cat or dog. Being the oldest no-kill shelter in Wake County, Second Pet adoptions is determined to find healthy homes for their rescues and stop the cycle of homeless pets.

Cat Angels Pet Adoptions

On the border of Cary and Morrisville, Cat Angels Pet Adoptions has a mission to help homeless and abused cats and kittens find their forever home. This charity works diligently to find adoptees to care of their furry friends.

Pawfect Match

Just down the road in Holly Springs, this adoption location wants to match the community with their “pawfect” canine companion. Saving dogs one at a time and fostering them until they find a trustworthy match is Pawfect Match’s loving approach. 

Saving Grace 

This nonprofit shelter located in Wake Forest works to find their animals new families in the local community. Saving Grace uses a matchmaker evaluation to find your furry soulmate to bring home and create a happy and successful home life.

Some of the rescue centers may have restrictions due to Covid, but all of their websites are very informational and user friendly. If you are interested in adopting a furry friend in this area, these are the places to check out! If you can’t quite commit to a pet, these amazing shelters also have volunteer options to consider.

I am currently a sophomore studying Fashion and Textile Design.
Junior at NCSU majoring in Communication Media Lover of strawberry ice cream and classic rock VP of Her Campus NCSU