This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Although 2020 hasn’t been the best year on the books, the fashion trends have been some of my favorites. Fall attire for a long time was chalked up to long boots, plaid scarves, and brown sweaters but since that Pinterest revolution, things have changed. The trends as of late have been cooler, more relaxed, and definitely take heavy inspiration from the ’90s.

Collared Shirts Under Pullovers

I love love love this trend. If you take a look at my own personal Instagram I have done
this look about two times already. It combines a more alternative edgy look with something
preppy and classic giving you a really sleek and put-together look on just a crewneck. I love
putting this on top of a tennis skirt or some ripped denim depending on the look you want to go
for.

Animal Print

I distinctly remember a time where animal print was deemed tacky and for The Jersey Shore only, but now it’s making a come back. The trick with animal print is getting a fabric that is luxurious in quality and where the print is fitted for your look. The print I’ve been particularly enamored with has been zebra. I haven’t seen these much but 2020 has really brought out the zebra print into the mainstream. To make it a cohesive look you need to pair it with basics and let the animal print garment speak for itself.

Sweatsuits

I can’t tell if it’s because we spent months and months in quarantine, but we have finally
deemed sweatpants as appropriate and cute to wear out of the house. The best way to look put
together while “bumming out” are matching sweatsuits. I love these, because not only are they
comfy they’re pretty cute and you can mix and match the pieces. These can range in price and a
fun DIY I’ve done is ordering some off Amazon and tie-dying them from home!

Hey! My name is Samiyah Lateef and I’m a 19 year old Pakistani-American. I am currently a sophomore at NC State on the pre-med track. I love fashion, beauty, and traveling. In my free time you can find me taking photos, reading, and making jewelry. This year I’ve been shadowing at WakeMed hospital and am Pre-Med Service/Social Media coordinator at NC State! I also ran a fashion and lifestyle blog for two years and can’t wait to write and share my life on HerCampus. Find me @samiyahlateef on instagram and feel free to reach out anytime x
Hi! My name is Isabella Castineyra, I am a senior majoring in communication media with minors in journalism and criminology. I am from Boston originally, so I am all for Boston sports teams (go Pats)! I love taking naps, listening to Billy Joel, and rewatching the same shows over and over again. Go Pack!!