Things To Do in NC for Halloween

With Halloween right around the corner, it's about time you stop being such a scaredy-cat and get involved in some spooky stuff around here. We have compiled a list of Halloween-related events for you to enjoy. If there's any we missed, be sure to let us know!

Union Activities Board Scary Movie Lineup
When: Various dates
Where: Witherspoon Cinema
Movies: Let the Right Ones In, Oct 24 7 pm. Free.
Shutter, Oct 24 9:30 pm. Free.
Ghostbusters, Oct 31 9 pm. Free.
Rocky Horror Picture Show, Nov 16 9:30 pm. Free.
UAB is offering various free showings of scary movies to put you in the Halloween mood. Check them out; there's no excuse because it's FREE! Visit www.ncsu.edu/cinema for more information.

Scarowinds
When: Weekends through October 28, 7pm-12am
Where: Carowinds in Charlotte
Tickets: Vary per night. Check online for special deals
Scarowinds is one of the most popular Halloween attractions in North Carolina! Complete with mazes, rides, haunted zones, and shows, you will not be bored at this place! Experience how Carowinds changes at night by visiting the spooky side of the park. For more information, go to www.carowinds.com/haunt2012.

Kersey Valley Spooky Woods
When: Now through October 31 from 8pm-12am
Where: Archdale, NC
Parking: $5 per car, $20 per bus
Tickets: $28
One of the country's highest rated Haunted Houses for 2012 by HauntedHouseRatings.com. This place is worth the money and the drive! You walk around at your own pace (with the exception of some lines) and go through their paths of scary attractions. The whole thing lasts about 45 minutes to an hour. I've been twice and both times I have not been disappointed. If you want to be scared, I recommend this place! Find out more at www.spookywoods.com.

Raleigh Living Dead, "Raleigh's Halloween Festival"
When: Saturday, October 27th from 4pm-11pm
Where: City Plaza in Downtown Raleigh
Tickets: (online prices only) Students $10, Kids $5, All-Access Pass $12
This is a festival open to everyone! They will have a fashion show, a flash mob, live music, children's activities, food, an obstacle course, and of course, alcohol. Come show your Halloween spirit and make it a night to remember by attending Raleigh's "first ever, large-scale" Halloween party! For more information, go to www.livegumption.com or join the event on Facebook!