This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Today, I will share a game with you known as The Truth Chat.

This game is a fun way to connect with some friends, especially if you guys are long distance, but is also fun for when you guys are close by as well. 

What you Need:

• Each person needs a phone
  • You can use text, snapchat, or another form of group messaging. 
  • Trustworthy friends

Rules:

1. You must answer every question truthfully
  2. Delete the group message after the game is over
  3. What happens in the truth chat, stays in the truth chat (the most important)

You can add some more rules of your own as well that may fit your friend group or specifics that you guys are comfortable with but these are the basic rules that must be followed.

How to play: 

• Figure out the order that you want to go in, who is going first?
  • Each person takes turns asking questions and then everyone in the group responds to the question TRUTHFULLY. (depending on how you want to play the person who asked the question can answer the question too)
  • Continue going through the rounds until you either are too tired to keep going or you run out of question ideas. 

This game is similar to truth or dare but without dares and is more accessible to friend groups who are spread out aka college students with high school friends who went to school all over the place. A great way to stay in touch and you can even update each other on your lives. 

The following are some question ideas to help you guys get started then you can create some of your own.

• How many people have you kissed?
  • What is your biggest regret from high school?
  • Without sharing who, say something in this chat you’ve wanted to say to one of the participants
  • Who is your most embarrassing crush you have ever had?
  • Are you where you want to be in life?
  • Would you rather… [insert]
  • Tell us about your worst tinder date

I have had so much fun with my friends with Truth Chats and I felt really close to my friends in those moments. It’s a fun thrill to share some of these things, as well as to learn more about my friends. 

As much as I’d love to share some of the fun stories that happen within my past truth chats, what happens in the truth chat, stays in the truth chat.

Happy Truth Chatting!!

Hey! I’m Sarah. I am currently a Senior in Animal Science. Fun fact about me, I am in the Marching Band here at NC State and I play the piccolo. I joined HerCampus to explore another side of myself and hopefully better my writing skills.