Republic Records

Ten Taylor Swift Themed Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

October is a big month for Taylor Swift fans. From the release of her new album, to fall weather bringing in Red season, Halloween is the perfect time to display love for Swift’s music. For die-hard fans, here’s some Halloween costume ideas that are subtle enough to help identify your true Swiftie friends.

1. Mirrorball: Celebrate this iconic Folklore track. You’ll be shimmering, beautiful for all to see on Halloween. This costume works well with other T-Swift costumes and Disco themes if you’re going in a group or need a couples costume. Plus, depending on your outfit of choice, the clothes would be easy to reuse for a night out.

Requires- silver sequin outfit (dress, skirt, top, pants, etc.), disco ball accessories (headband, necklace)

2. Ivy: This simple costume recognizes one of the best songs from Evermore. It could also go great as a couple’s costume: house of stone and ivy. Plus, it’s super cost effective and can be dressed up or down as much as you wish.

Requires– green and brown outfit, fake ivy

3. Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince: Speaking of couple’s costumes, here’s a great way to combine love for Swift and love for your partner. This costume is largely up to interpretation, so it can be as easy or complicated as you desire.

Miss Americana requires- sash, crown

Heartbreak Prince requires- crown, sash/broken heart

4. Traffic Light: A costume to match another cult classic from the Lover album. This costume is simple and a great costume in a manner unrelated to Taylor Swift.

Requires- red top, yellow belt/skirt, green bottoms/shoes OR other stoplight costume

5. Midnights: This costume has so many options. Celebrate her new album with a Midnight costume with a starry/moon themed outfit. You could also go as Snow on the Beach, wearing both winter and beach attire. The tracklist provides many good options for costuming, so make it your own!

6. Blank Space: Recreate her iconic music video look with some simple pajamas/lingerie options. The items for this costume are easy to reuse and you may already own.

Requires- black slip dress/romper, black gloves, black robe, eye mask

OPTIONAL- knife and cake

7. Red (Taylor’s Version): Rock her album photoshoot look with some simple fall staples. This costume is easily recognizable and celebrates the ownership of her album.

Requires– orange beret, tan coat, black tights, black dress

8. Shake It Off: If you’re looking for a simple costume, this is a great option. It would require more explanation or a reference photo, but it’s still super fun!

Requires- black turtleneck, black pants, red lipstick

9. The Scarf: Taylor recently announced that the scarf is just a metaphor, but I’m still skeptical. Recognize this iconic image with a Halloween costume.

Requires- red scarf

10. King of My Heart: Another Reputation classic is seen in this easy costume! Similar to the Heartbreak Prince, this costume can be created with just a piece of paper.

Requires- crown, heart

Have a happy, free, confusing Halloween Swifties!

Ashley is a psychology major and dance minor at NC State. She is an avid fan of Harry Styles, Taylor Swift, and Maggie Rogers. She spends her free time going on hot girl walks with her dogs, reading, watching TV, and dancing!