Ten Sing-Along Songs: Lyrics That Your Lips Know and Crave

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.
There are some songs that have a habit of quickly turning a room of small talking State
students into a synchronized symphony of fun-loving singers. This is not exactly a list of ten songs you
should add to a party playlist, but more-so a list is composed of ten sing-along songs that are sure to have you humming along as you read. 

Pokémon theme Song

First up we have the Pokémon theme song kicking things off on a bit of a nostalgic note. This is
probably not one of the first songs to come to mind, but who could forget those catchy and  melodramatic opening lines: “I wanna be the very best that no one ever was” This song has definitely earned its merits as a fun sing-along song.

Bohemian Rhapsody

“Is this the real life… is it just fantasy… caught in a landslide; no escape from reality.” I’m pretty sure my point has been made just by typing out the first four lines to this ever-so-catchy song. 

Free Falling

I must say, I am not personally familiar with this song, but that doesn’t disqualify this song at all.
This song is fairly popular (from what I assume) with the ladies, and as such, deserves a spot on the list. “Cause I’m Free…Free Fallin.”

NCSU Fight Song

Short, sweet, and to the point: GO STATE!

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song

Now this song is technically not a part of most of our generation… but then again, a
lot of the fun sing-along songs aren’t. Anyways, I think it is pretty safe to say that this song is an
instant classic that’ll always bring the room to a noisy freestyle chatter. PS: Will Smith, thank you for
such a masterful song.

A Whole New World

If I had to pick any Disney song to put on this list, it would defiantly be…. A song from Mulan, but
that’s beside the point. This song highlighted a beautiful moment in the movie Aladdin that left us all in awe as “Prince Ali” took Princess Jasmine on a magic carpet ride. In a room full of Disney buffs, this song would almost certainly result in a masterful moment of synchronized screeching… I mean,
synchronized singing.

Don’t Worry, Be Happy

We’ve all had our low moments in life. This song was probably on our “sulking” playlist, joyfully
saying to us: hey, be happy, it’s definitely not as bad as you think it is! For that reason, this song
secures a spot on the list as we can all relate and lend our voices in the spirit of healing. 

Feel Good INC

Yeah, sure the chorus seems to be the only part that everyone knows, but hey, those are pretty
catchy and well known lines. This song is sure to have everyone gathered around, singing about a
windmill for the land, while two people turn together, hand in hand. 

Jumper

“I wish you would jump out from that ledge my friend, you could, cut ties with all the lies that
you’ve been living in, annnd, if you do not want to see me again, I would [cue off pitched singing]
understaaaaannnnnndd”  I couldn’t resist singing along as I typed. This song is truly inspirational, despite its questionable context, and its suicidal undertone… Definitely a great song to sing amongst friends.

I Gotta Feeling

Bringing up the rear of this list is the Black Eyed Peas smash hit song, “I Gotta Feeling.” Whether
it be amongst friends, or amongst fellow party animals, this song was clearly meant to be enjoyed in a
group setting. There is much sing-along fun to be had with this song. You can sing along for just the
chorus, or you could be the over achieving type and start digging down into the song’s high energy
verses. Either way you cut it, this song is a pretty awesome sing-along.

So, that wraps up the list! Hope you enjoyed it…now go show that Ipod and those vocals some love!

Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!