This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Halloween is the one time of year that you can dress up and essentially be whomever you want to be. There are no rules as to who or what you can dress up as and the overall idea is to have fun with your costume. If you are like me, staying warm on Halloween is also essential. I have a feeling that this year’s Halloween weekend weather is going to be just as cold as last year’s. So, I have put together a few costume ideas or add-ons to make sure that we stay warm while having fun.

A few ideas to stay warm:

1. Pick a costume that already has some type of warmth added to it. For example, if you want to be some type of police officer or firefighter, most of those costumes already come in long sleeves because that is what those jobs already wear. Or if you are not sure what Disney Princess to dress up as, try going for Aurora from Sleeping Beauty or Tiana from Princess and the Frog. Both of those princesses either wear dresses that have long sleeves or they wear long gloves that will help keep your arms warm.
  2. If your costume consists of a short skirt or shorts, adding nude or sheer tights to your costume will keep you warm and no one will even notice. Plus, if you are going to a Halloween party, chances are it will be dark inside and no one will be focused on those tights.
  3. If you know that you will be at a party or get together where you can bring an oversized coat, and have it hung up, that is a huge help. Wearing a large coat and oversized sweatpants over your costume is great if you are getting to the party and then once you arrive you can easily just take them off and put them in a room for you to grab later.
  4. This one is self-explanatory but try to get a ride to wherever it is that you are going. That way you will be warm in the car and will just be cold for a few seconds as you are getting in and out. This is when those ride sharing apps really come into play.

These are just some ideas to help you keep warm Halloween weekend. No one wants to be shivering while trying to have fun. I am so excited to see everyone’s costumes this year and I hope that you will be utilizing some of these tricks in order to get some treats.

My name is Rose Soltani and I am a writer of Her Campus at NC State University. I love writing and sharing my thoughts and ideas with everyone! I am a 4th year Business Administration Major with a Concentration in Marketing and I am also minoring in Middle East Studies. Upon graduation I am looking forward to attending law school due to my passion for law and legal rights issues. In the summer of 2022, I was fortunate enough to be a part of Duke University Law School's Pre-Law Fellowship. I learned so much valuable information about preparing for law school as well as the legal field. This past summer, I focused on studying for the LSAT. I was raised in Charlotte, NC and am the oldest of 3 children. I have 2 younger brothers so I love spending time with when I am back at home. I love baking, traveling, going for walks, and spending time with family and friends in my free time. Some of my favorite movies include How to Lose a Guy in 10 days and Father of the Bride.