This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

This past Wednesday, Spotify presented each individual listener with their own personalized Spotify Wrapped. Every year, Spotify generates a “Wrapped” for each user which essentially recaps their top artists and songs from the past year.

Since music plays such a monumental role in my life, here are my top five artists and songs Spotify gave me for 2023.

Top 5 ArtistS

1. Noah Kahan

Noah Kahan

2. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie

3. Giveon

Giveon

4. Hozier

Hozier

5. Zach Bryan

Zach Bryan

I’m proud to say that both Noah Kahan and Giveon were in my Wrapped for the past two years as well so it was no shocker when I saw them up in my top five. Seeing Kahan as my number one artist made me smile; he truly is my biggest inspiration. My most listened-to genre was pop, with rap being a close second. However, I will say seeing Zach Bryan as number five was a bit confusing. Towards the end of September I became obsessed with Bryan’s song I Remember Everything feat. Kacey Musgraves. I genuinely think the amount of times I’ve listened to that singular song pushed Zach Bryan up to my top artists.  

Top 5 Songs

1. Work Song – Hozier

Work Song

2. i Remember Everything – Zach Bryan, feat. Kacey Musgraves

I Remember Everything

3. Still Think About You – A Boogie Wit da Hoodie

Still Think About You

4. My Shit – A Boogie Wit da Hoodie

My Shit

5. Daylight – David Kushner

Daylight

The variation of different song types describes my personality so well. What makes me emotional about hearing my Spotify Wrapped is the memories that come from each individual song. Each one brings me back to a specific time and place; I think that’s what makes this recap so special to me each year. It signifies growth and takes me through the motions of how my year went. 

With that being said… same time next year, Spotify?

Hi!! My name is Annabella and I’m a junior majoring in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and minors in Journalism and Business Administration. I love music, writing, hiking, reading, and traveling!