friends road trip california fall break windows down music
Molly Peach / Her Campus

Songs that will make you feel like the main character

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Nothing beats the feeling of the windows rolled down, your hair in the wind, singing at the top of your lungs, with your best friends in the car. These songs will boost your mood and give you that main character feeling we all strive for.

“Tongue Tied” by Grouplove

I bet every single teenage girl knows every lyric to this song. It gets you in the best mood and makes you want to get up and dance no matter where you are.

“Cough syrup” by Young the Giant

A classic sing-along song that you and all your friends will relate to some boy that you are obsessed over.

“It’s Time” by Imagine Dragons

This song makes me feel like I can overcome anything. It’s time to stand up for what you believe in or time to get over a struggle in your daily life. 

“Alive” by Empire of the Sun

Every time I listen to this song, I feel so blessed to have the life that I live. My serotonin levels are at an all time high and I sing to the top of my lungs to this song.

“Forever” by Chris Brown

Any The Office lovers will immediately recognize this song. 

“This Feeling” by The Chainsmokers

You know that feeling you get when everything in life is going amazing and you are so content with your life. Yea, this song sums up that feeling.

“Going Up the Coast” by Clay and Friends

This song gives me major vacation vibes. Road tripping with your friends or family during the summer. 

“Seven Nation Army” by The White Stripes

This is the ultimate head banging song. You can never just sit down and listen to this song. You have to get up out of your seat and dance your heart out to.

“A Little Party Never Killed Nobody” by Fergie, Q-tip, and GoonRoc

If you have never seen this scene from The Great Gatsby, you are missing out. This song is the ultimate party song and has the best vibes. 

Hi my name is Emily Laatsch and I am a sophomore at North Caroline State University. I am majoring in Fashion and Textile Management with a concentration in brand management and marketing. I was born in Chicago but have lived in Charlotte for most of my life. I love all things fashion, food, and traveling! I hope you enjoy my articles and get to know me a little better!
Junior at NCSU majoring in Communication Media Lover of strawberry ice cream and classic rock VP of Her Campus NCSU