Rob Tikkanen ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.
Name: Rob Tikkanen

Graduation Year: 2014

Major: Polymer and Color Chemistry

Home Town: Long Beach, California

Hobbies & Interest: Guitar, Soccer, Listening to Music, Running, Skim boarding, Going to the beach

Zodiac Sign: Scorpio

Best pick-up line: I’m not drunk, I’m just intoxicated by you!

Check out Rob’s favorites…

Favorite Quote: 
The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places. –

Ernest Hemingway

Favorite Movie:
Shaun of the Dead

Favorite Color:
Green

Favorite Book: 
When you are engulfed in flames- David Sedaris

Favorite Season of the Year:
I have always been a huge fan of summer but I love the transition from summer to fall just for the crisp smell of the first night of autumn.

So Rob, This or that?

Boxers or Briefs? 
Boxers

Day or Night?
Night

Intellect or intuition?
Intellect

Glass half empty or glass half full? 
Glass half full, but who drinks a half a glass of water?

Facebook or Twitter?
Hopefully neither, but considering I do not have a Twitter; Facebook it is.

Strength or Power?
Strength to overcome will always supersede power.

Free response fun time with Rob!

If you could choose to be any animal, what kind would you choose and why?
I would be a dog because I would have limitless energy to play while retaining the option to sleep and
chill all day.

What is something that people are surprised to know about you?
I am classically trained in Spanish (classical) guitar.

Your stranded on a desert island, and you can only bring 3 items with you; what would you bring?
A guitar, a pair of shades, and a board.

What would be your dream Job, and why?
A crane operator in a big city for the incredible views and I love those games where you try to pick up
prizes with the giant claw.

If you could be any super hero, who would you be?
Batman because he doesn’t need superpowers to be a superhero.

Alright ladies, pay attention here…

What would be an ideal date to you?
Long walk on a beach…

What qualities do you look for in a girl?
I like girls who are genuine, not afraid to be honest, and to have eyes that I can get lost in.

What other things should the ladies know about you?
I was a model at Abercrombie and Fitch.
Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!