Rob Coleman ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Name: Rob Coleman
Year: Senior
Hometown: Raleigh 
Major: Biological / Agricultural engineering

What do you do with most of your time? I Study at the library and watch movies..but I wish I could find time to swim more.

What is your favorite quote? “If there is anything in the world worth believing in, it is yoursel.f”

What is your favorite sport? Baseball.

What would be the ultimate first date? Skydiving, because it will bring out the true personality in someone.

What qualities do you look for in a girl? Smart, good sense of humor, sensible, kind, and of course being beautiful doesn’t hurt.

What do you want to do after you graduate? I want to travel to Europe and Latin America, then come back to get my masters.

What is your worst fear? Being paralyzed, and I really don’t like bugs that I cant see or feel when they are on me….but I don’t mind the big ones.

What is your fondest memory so far at NCSU? The NCSU vs. FSU football game last year…I found out my brother’s wife was pregnant right before we won. Which is super awesome because it’s a boy, and I’m going to teach him how to play baseball. 

Are you single or taken? Single!

Would you change anything about yourself? Nope.

Do you have any talents? I have a semi-photographic memory if that counts as a talent… it helps me in a lot of situations so it’s either a skill or a talent and i definitely didnt learn it.  That and I can make my stomach do the wave.

What do you think about the girls at NCSU? What I like most about them is that they are gorgeous. What I dont like is a lot are overly self conscious.

Who is your hero? Why? Ghandi or Jimmy V. Ghandi because he accomplished everything he sought to accomplish without any disrespect, harm, or sacrifice on the part of others. Which is a quality almost everyone today lacks. People are too greedy or self absorbed, they dont care if they are hurting someone else somewhere that they cant see, as long as they have something to gain. Jimmy Valvano because he stared down his own death by cancer and still managed to inspire confidence in others. He was a selfless leader that everyone had something to learn from and still inspires many people today, over fifteen years after his death.

If you had a Bucket List, what would the top 3 things on it be?  1) To see Machu Picchu. 2) Skydive in Switzerland.  3) Walk on the moon or mars!

How do you describe yourself? Easy to get along with, aware, smart, random, and kind.

Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!