Rap, Rock and Sing Your Way into One HOT Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

As the summer approaches we start putting away our winter coats and replacing us with our sundresses, tank tops and daisy dukes in anticipation of showing off our sun-kissed skin and bikini bods.However, this isn’t about the fashion of summer, instead it’s about where we can wear this springtime apparel! Summer time is when you need to relax and enjoy yourself free from school and stress and instead go to a concert. Summer is the season of music and all genres will be making their way to Raleigh so mark your calendars and get your coolers ready!

Hey Wolfpack, it’s a Rap Attack:

If you are into more of the rap and hip hop scene, Wiz Khalifa will be here Friday, April 1st at the Raleigh Amphitheatre. Time to check out his hits like “Black and Yellow” and his new song, “Young, Wild, and Free.” This concert is sure to be an experience, especially since the last time he was in NC he ran into a little trouble with the Greenville Police! More big name rappers will be at the Greensboro Coliseum on Friday, April 8th. Come see Lil’ Wayne and the queen of rap, Miss Nicki Minaj. Travis Barker, Rick Ross, and Mixmaster Mike will open the show, along with talks of an appearance by Drake! This will be one of the hottest concerts to come this year and you don’t want to miss out on the countries best rappers!

High Energy, Fresh Tunes:

If rap and hip-hop isn’t your thing and you are in the mood to see a real raging show, Pretty Lights will be at the Raleigh Amphitheatre April 19th. With the crazy beats and awesome light show, you aren’t just paying for the music but a performance that will leave you wanting more! On April 22nd at the same venue 30 Seconds to Mars will be hitting the stage. Not only can you rock out to their music their band members aren’t bad to look at either!

I’m Little More Country Than That:

Now if you are looking for something a little more laid back and with a country feel, you can purchase the Country Mega Ticket! Bring a cooler and tail gate your way to six awesome performances of the hottest country acts including: Tim McGraw with Luke Bryan and the Band Perry, on July 8th; Toby Keith withEric Church on July 22nd; Rascal Flatts with Sara Evans, Easton Corbin and Justin Moore on July 30th; Kenny Chesney with Billy Currington and Uncle Kracker, on August 5th; Jason Aldean, with Chris Young and Thompson Square on September 10th; and closing with Brad Paisley with Blake Shelton and Jerrod Niemann on September 25th.

No matter what type of music you listen to there are concerts for you these upcoming weeks and into the summer! Go take your chance to see these amazing performances and make memories to talk about way into the next school year!

For a list of concerts coming to NC check out Livenation.com

Anna is a Junior at North Carolina State University studying Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and minoring in journalism. She writes for a PR blog for her internship and enjoys writing in her spare time as well. She is part of Delta Gamma sorority and loves every aspect that DG has to offer especially hanging with all her sisters. Her future goals include working PR or within with PR either in sports or the entertainment business.
Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!