Hero Copy
Hero Copy
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media

October 2020 Horoscopes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.
Key Dates

Oct 1

The month will begin with a Full Moon is Aries, which will be a good time to find a balance between our own needs and the needs of others close to you. When the moon is full in Aries, there is a chance that emotions can intensify, so we need to stay in touch with our emotions as we enter into October. Expect spontaneous impulses of energy and creativity. Try and channel motives toward something productive. Utilize Citrine to enhance creative thoughts and take advantage of Tiger’s Eye, as it will promote finding a balance in our needs. 

Oct 2

Venus will enter Virgo, meaning that this is time of expressing our love in practical means. While Venus is in Virgo, we may make decisions based on if they make sense or not, rather than being impulsive and careless. Be mindful not to be too critical or demanding of our loved ones during this time. Fluorite is a great stone for clearing the mind of any worry or confusion that we may have during this time. 

Oct 14

Mercury will be in retrograde in Scorpio. We may start to feel the retrograde coming, as we may experience moodiness a few days ahead of the 14th. Make sure to confirm any plans coming up so that they do not get clouded by the retrograde’s mental blocks. We may find undiscovered truths during the retrograde, as Scorpio has a strong detective energy. Be wary though not to become too nosy. Use Moonstone to aid your intuitive, psychic-like, abilities during the retrograde. 

Oct 16

A new moon in Libra will bring us a fresh start after the frustrating start of the retrograde. Expect to regain some mental clarity and use Lapis Lazuli to help clear thoughts and enhance wisdom. 

Oct 23

The Sun will move into Scorpio. Expect to feel a strong sense of self and individuality. Motivation is in the air! Be careful not to be controlling or manipulative around others though. Malachite is a great crystal for enhancing our inner power so it radiates all Scorpio season. 

Oct 28

Venus will enter Libra and, Mercury Retrograde will move into Libra. The planet of love, Venus will move from practical Virgo to peaceful Libra. This movement will aid us during the transition into the intense Scorpio season. It is time to focus on our relationships and reflect on what balance means to us. Are you devoting too much time to someone or something? Mercury Retrograde moving into Libra may mean we could uncover information that we did not want to bring up or address. Now is the time to balance our priorities before October is over. Meditate with Rose Quartz to radiate love into the air. 

What’s In Store For The Signs

Aries

October is going to be a good month for you, Aries. As the moon travels into Aries, this is a time for fun and positivity. Love is in the air this month but be wary of small disputes that could erupt into bigger problems. Health could be an issue this month so make sure to stay hydrated and get a lot of rest. Your social life may be a little dry this month, but that only means more time for yourself. When Venus is in Virgo, you will start to make smarter decisions, especially with money. Toward the end of the month, as Venus enters Libra, you will radiate a social power that will draw others toward you. Dates to look forward to: 2, 14, 28, 31

Taurus

October will be a month for personal growth and self acceptance for you Taurus. Expect your confidence to rise this month. There may be financial issues during the Mercury Retrograde starting on the 14th so make important financial decisions before then. Get rid of something this month, as it is time to move forward into the future and stop dwelling on the past. If you are in a relationship, expect romance toward the end of October, and if you are single be prepared for a lot of flirtatious energy around you. Family is important this month so keep in touch with a trusted family member. Dates to look forward to: 4, 5, 23, 31

Gemini

This month is all about personal pleasure and self-care Gemini! If you are having a lot of inner issues, take time this month to relax and reflect on yourself. You will thrive this month if you stick to a routine. On the Full Moon on the 1st, you will have a good financial day and just good fortune in general. If you need a change, a new beauty product is a good investment for you. As Mercury will be in retrograde, be careful of technology being slow and unpredictable. Days to look forward to: 4, 13, 19, 25

Cancer 

Cheer up this month, Cancer! If you have had a sad September, October should bring some happiness to your life. You’re going to be very smart with your words this month, so what you say will work towards your advantage. You have been focusing too much on other people’s needs so be careful not to forget about what’s important for your own good.  As the Sun moves into Scorpio, it will be a good time to be careful with your money. Your spirituality will be a huge factor in your happiness this month so spend some time meditating and enjoying nature. Days to look forward to: 5, 10, 21, 29

Leo 

October could be rough for you Leo, but if you tap into your emotions and those of the ones you love, you can strive through the month. Venus will have a strong impact on your emotions this month, meaning your empathy and kindness will radiate a lot of positive energy into your life. At the end of the month, you may feel a change in attitude towards your career, which may bring changes in direction from where you are currently. Mercury will be in Scorpio almost all month, meaning this is a great time for you to get work done as you will have a lot of energy and focus. Days to look forward to: 4, 13, 22, 31

Virgo

This month is going to be filled with prosperity and knowledge, Virgo! You will see financial gains as Venus and the New Moon will be in your money house throughout the month. You will express yourself a lot this month through your clothes and personal style. Love could be prosperous this month but be careful not to rush into anything, as you should go at a slow pace and progress naturally. When Mercury goes into retrograde on the 14th, you may have some self-esteem issues, but they will start to dissolve as you will use self-care to remember how amazing you are. Days to look forward to: 4, 17, 26, 31

Libra 

As we enter October with a Full Moon in Aries, your opposite zodiac sign, you may have a difficult transition into the month. You may feel worrisome or cautious, but if you find a sense of balance, you should be just fine. As you do find that balance, your finances should be in a good place as you will make good decisions regarding money. The pace of your life has been pretty slow, but as the year finishes out, you should start to see things moving a lot quicker. You will have a physical motivation throughout most of the month to get healthy and fit. If you are in a relationship, there may be some distance, physical or mental, this month so be sure to connect with them, so you don’t fall apart. Days to look forward to: 6, 15, 23, 30

Scorpio

Look forward to a fun-filled month, Scorpio! During the Full Moon and Venus entering Virgo, you will experience a lot of positive energy and satisfaction. You are already very independent, but that sense will heighten this month as you will take more time for yourself than others. Your happiness is in your hands, so you will do whatever it takes to get what you want. Your love life may not be the most stable this month, but things still look positive. If you are single, you may find yourself in group settings getting to know a potential love interest. Friendship is going to be very beneficial to you this month, as they will be very supportive of your personal pursuits. As the Sun moves into your sign, you should see great success and happiness during the transition. Days to look forward to: 4, 17, 23, 27

Sagittarius

October will be a productive month for you, Sagittarius! On the 2nd, you will feel a sense of strong work ethic as Venus moves into your career house. You should be in especially good health in the beginning of October too. Your relationship with friends should be strong this month, as love interests will not be your top priority. As Mercury goes into retrograde, current relationships may seem to progress backward rather than forward so work hard to keep your relationships healthy and strong. As the month ends and we move into November, be mindful to get your own happiness under control and take responsibility for your actions. You will have a lot of opportunities for freedom throughout the month. Days to look forward to: 2, 14, 20, 26

Capricorn 

This month is all about your career, Capricorn. Whether it be school or a job, it is going to be important to work hard for everything you achieve this month. There may be some issues in your social life, especially with family, so it is best to put those on the back burner this month, as they could turn into heated disputes. You should be on a fast paced schedule this month with lots of progression happening. There may be a desire to change something in your house or living space, so do it! After the 23rd, you should start to see a change of focus from your work to your social life. Avoid making any extreme changes to your routine during Mercury’s retrograde period, as it could cause a lot of stress. Days to look forward to: 3, 13, 23, 31

Aquarius 

Your focus is on perfectionism this month, Aquarius, but when is it not? You should be experiencing success regarding school and a strong sense of focus. It is a good month for writing down your thoughts and feelings so go get a journal if you don’t already have one. Your thoughts are going to be the key to your success this month, so it will be important that you remember them. You may think people around you are being overly-critical of you this month, but that may mean you need to start being more practical. There could be the possibility of making career-related connections through social events. Be sure to keep a positive social presence so that others will be drawn to you. If you are single, you may find a love interest at your school, and if you are in a relationship things may get distant if you focus too much on personal gains rather than a partnership. Days to look forward to: 6, 14, 21, 25

Pisces 

This month is a good month for career and professional development Pisces. You may feel some uncertainty or confusion regarding your finances due to your financial planet, Mars, being in retrograde this month. After the 23rd , you shouldn’t have to worry about money but make wise decisions with your finances until then. You may feel stressed this month with having such strong career motivation so take some time to relax and detox. The Mercury retrograde may cause your love life to be messy and complicated so do not make any important decisions regarding your love life during that period, or you may regret it. If you are in a relationship, make sure to keep a balance between your interests and your partner’s interests. Declutter your life this month. Days to look forward to: 9, 10, 18, 31

Disclaimer

Don’t take these horoscopes too seriously, they’re just a fun distraction from the hard facts of life. Manifest positive energy into your life, and October is going to be a great month. Stay on track with your goals and don’t let little things get in the way of your success.

Abby Walsh is a sophomore at NC State University majoring in Psychology and minoring in Nutrition. She loves all things health and exercise related and has a passion for mental health. She is a proud Leo woman, with a love for Astrology. She is so happy to have the opportunity to use Her Campus as an outlet to empower other women through her writing!
Junior at NCSU majoring in Communication Media Lover of strawberry ice cream and classic rock VP of Her Campus NCSU