This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Spring Semester is here. Some are graduating in May, others have several more semesters to go, and some are job hunting or have even started their new careers. The situations can vary in so many ways but regardless of what your circumstances are it is important to remain motivated and encouraged. I know that it seems like it’s easier “said than done” but I assure you that everyone can find what ways work for them to achieve these throughout the semester.

I am going to discuss the ways I have been feeling motivated recently and maybe you can get inspired! I am going to be honest; I was not thrilled to be coming back to college to attend classes and do work, but I knew it was something I couldn’t avoid.

I have recently started eating a better breakfast every morning than I am typically used to; recently my favorites have been vanilla yogurt and fruit or even oatmeal and some type of fruit on top. I have really been enjoying eating these because not only are they healthy, but they are also delicious. I look forward to eating them in the morning which is why I get motivated to get up and get ready. For lunch I have something my campus dining offers, or I’ll come back home from classes and have some type of fruit or vegetable just depending on the day. Dinner is my favorite meal of the day, so I like to really think about what I am going to make that night. I will leave some type of protein out to thaw in the morning and by night I know I am going to either have chicken or beef. I love making chicken and rice, or even some type of pasta dish. You can also get fancy and make a classic grilled cheese and tomato soup. I get a ready-made tomato soup from Trader Joe’s that you just have to heat up. I’ve realized that I love cooking and that encourages me to want to cook with different ingredients so I can try everything out. I try to eat something from every part of the food pyramid but even if I don’t, I try not to beat myself up about it. It defeats the purpose of trying to stay encouraged throughout this process.

Going to the gym also gives me energy to keep going because I am taking time out of my day to do something for myself, and I feel great after (minus being sore)! I try to get my work done ahead of time and I use my free time to do thing that I truly want to do.

I have noticed that these are just some things I do that have been helping me get back into the grind of school recently and maybe they can help you too!

My name is Rose Soltani and I am a writer of Her Campus at NC State University. I love writing and sharing my thoughts and ideas with everyone! I am a 4th year Business Administration Major with a Concentration in Marketing and I am also minoring in Middle East Studies. Upon graduation I am looking forward to attending law school due to my passion for law and legal rights issues. In the summer of 2022, I was fortunate enough to be a part of Duke University Law School's Pre-Law Fellowship. I learned so much valuable information about preparing for law school as well as the legal field. This past summer, I focused on studying for the LSAT. I was raised in Charlotte, NC and am the oldest of 3 children. I have 2 younger brothers so I love spending time with when I am back at home. I love baking, traveling, going for walks, and spending time with family and friends in my free time. Some of my favorite movies include How to Lose a Guy in 10 days and Father of the Bride.