Nelson Jones ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Nelson Jones
Major: Economics and a minor in Spanish
Hometown: High Point, NC
Year: Sophomore

What is your favorite part about NC State?
My favorite part about state is going to the football games. My favorite NCSU tradition is tailgating.

What is your biggest hobby?
My biggest hobby is whitewater kayaking. I’ve been doing it for about 6 years and have been to Chile, Canada, and all over the Southeast in the United States.

What is your favorite thing to do on a Monday night?

My favorite thing to do on a Monday night is doing homework because I’m such a diligent and successful student.

Where is your favorite place to vacation?
My favorite place to vacation is anywhere where there’s a river to kayak. If i could be anywhere in this moment, I’d be back in Chile kayaking. I’m considering taking next semester off to go back to Chile with some of my kayaking friends to paddle.

What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done?
I was in Chile and couldn’t be there on Valentine’s Day, so I had flowers delivered to a girl’s dorm.

Do you have a favorite quote?
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar;
I love not man the less, but Nature more…
– Lord Byron

What does being named NCSU’s Campus Cutie mean to you
?
Being named campus cutie means so much. I’ll walk the campus with so much more confidence.

Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!