NC State: We’ve Got a Meme for That!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

If you’re an NC State student and have a Facebook account, then it is pretty likely that you’ve come across the NCSU Meme Page. A “meme” is an idea, behavior, style or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture. Devoted to uniting State students and fans through sarcasm and laughter, this meme page is updated regularly with content produced by the Pack. The most common themes on the page are sports rivalries, campus and building issues, and just how darn good it is to be a State fan! Whether you’re a freshman, a fratstar, a super-senior, or the typical classy NC State collegiette, we’ve got a meme for you!

For the Partiers:

If you’ve ever done the Hillsborough Hike and completed it – meaning that you went inside every establishment on Hillsborough St. for a drink – I bow down to you. How did you do it?

(Encouragement) For the Everyday State Student:

North Carolina State University is known as the autobahn of innovation for its focus in math, sciences, and engineering. But being an NC State student requires a complement of engineer students and humanity students alike to take a few of other college’s classes. So whether you’re an engineer major, a biology major, a design major, or an English major, chances are that you’ve taken a class that left you staring blankly at a piece of paper wondering how on earth your professor expects you to calculate the mass of the sun with the oh-so-simple equation he or she gave in class. Don’t worry, we’ve all felt that way once.

For the Sports Lovers:

Karl Hess was reprimanded by ACC after ejecting ACC legends, Chris Corchiani and Tom Gugliotta, at the NCSU v. FSU men’s basketball game on Saturday, February 18th. NC State Athletic Director Debbie Yow wouldn’t stand for unfair treatment of NC State fans and showed her Pack pride by demanding an answer for Hess’ actions. Gottfried also displayed his new found pack pride when he said about the game against UNC on Tuesday that Corchiani and Gugliotta “Can sit wherever they want, in my opinion.”

For the Rival Questioners:

If you keep saying that we’re not rivals, then why do you keep saying it? And another question…why make the effort to come all the way down to our campus in the middle of the night to paint our Free Expression Tunnel Carolina Blue? I thought we weren’t worthy of your time. Hmm…

For the Freshman:

If you were in First Year College as a freshman and lived in Owen or Tucker then you know that you slid out of bed 10 minutes before class started. Here’s the minute to minute to break-down of your freshman year: 10 minutes to class – turn off alarm and turn over in bed, 9 minutes to class – turn off alarm again and climb out of bed, 8 minutes to class – put on decent clothes for the hallway, 7 minutes to class – go to bathroom and avoid all other morning people roaming the hall, 6 minutes to class – brush your teeth and comb your hair, 5 minutes to class – contemplate what to wear without turning on the lights to wake up your roomie, 4 minutes to class – get dressed, 3 minutes to class – pack your book bag consisting of a pen and a notebook, 2 minutes to class – turn on the TV and eat some left over pizza from the fridge, 1 minute to class – try to find keys, 30 seconds to class – make your way across Cates Ave. to the FYC village.

For the Dorm Resident:

One thing everyone hates about laundry day in the dorms is that you have to be pretty aware of what time it is so you can go put your clothes in the dryer or bring them back to your room. If you forget about them, for as little as five minutes sometimes, you risk having wet clothes thrown on the table, the floor, or stolen altogether. If you’ve ever left your clothes in the laundry room overnight without foul play, congratulations, you deserve an honor. However, if you’re the person who just throws other peoples garments around, maybe at least consider folding their clothes and leaving the person and friendly note like I did my freshman year!

For the Harrelson Hater:

Known as the spaceship building, Starship Enterprise, the Frisbee, or the sink-hole, Harrelson Hall, as unique as it is, has built up an army of angry State students for its architectural design flaws. If you’ve ever had a class in Harrelson you know that just getting to class can be a headache. Walking in circles, treading up steep stairs, riding in the-elevator-of-death, and getting lost on the way back from the bathroom are all the common unfavorable attributes of this sinking building set to be torn down in the near future. Yay! Or Nay?

Sources: First Meme: Her Campus NCSU made on www.Memegenerator.com All other memes are found on NCSU Memes Facebook Page found here: http://www.facebook.com/ncsumemes Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Campus Correspondent and Founder of Her Campus NCSU - kristiedemers@hercampus.com Kristie Demers is a Senior English major at North Carolina State University. When she isn't studying or busy working on campus, Kristie enjoys running, writing, reading, photography, and painting. She volunteered as an athletic trainer for the Cheerleading team freshman year and developed an unwavering devotion for the Wolfpack. This Wisconsin natives passions include traveling, spending time with family and friends, and loving even the little things in life. Although she is down to earth and loves making people smile, Kristie is hard working and welcomes challenges. All that this happy-go-lucky girl dreams for the future is to write for a magazine and live at the beach. In the meantime, her heart lies in the bricks at N.C. State and beats with every chime of the Bell Tower!