Style > Fashion

My Top 5 Wishlist Items for the Winter Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

With colder weather right around the corner, I’m already starting to make my Christmas wishlist! I love making lists and shopping all throughout November and December, so here are my top five items to add to your wishlist. These don’t have to be for Christmas, they can also be for some self-care Black Friday shopping or just a gift for finishing midterms!

1. Matching Pajama Sets

I am in love with the new trend of tiny pajama tops and shorts. I think they’re the perfect gift for your best friends or the perfect thing to get if you’re looking for a new comfy staple in your closet for when you’re just lounging around. My favorites are from Brandy Melville, Abercrombie & Fitch, or Aerie.

2. Ankle Boots

I am not much of a boot girl, but every time I see ankle boots paired with loose jeans and a sweater I am obsessed! I love the nude tones that often come with ankle boots, and I think they are the perfect way to dress up an outfit for Thanksgiving or any other holiday party!

3. White Fox Loungewear

I feel like White Fox has recently come out of nowhere and become super popular, but I am not objecting to it at all. Their loungewear is the perfect middle ground between basic staples and unique and colorful pieces, not to mention it’s all so comfy. An oversized sweatshirt is the perfect thing to throw on with some leggings or sweatpants and jewelry for a cozy and put-together look.

4. New Balances

New Balances have been popular for a little while now, but I’m obsessed with their understated fashion. They’re the perfect mix between dad shoes and a chic finish to an outfit. I love how casual they are, but when they’re styled right, they can really take an outfit to another level. My favorite styles are the 574s and the 530s.

5. Jellycats

Jellycats are so. adorable. In my opinion, they’re better than the average stuffed animal because they almost double as room decor, not to mention they look like they have their own sweet personalities. I think Jellycats are also the perfect gift for anyone because they’re usually something that someone wouldn’t buy for themselves.

If you haven’t started on your wishlist for the holiday or winter season yet, take this as your sign to get started!

Hi! My name is Abby Shoemaker, and I'm a first-year student at North Carolina State University majoring in both industrial and systems engineering and psychology! I love reading, listening to music (especially Ariana Grande and Juice WRLD), shopping, and swimming. When I'm not writing or with my friends, you'll find me organizing something, doing my nails, or watching those 5-hour deep dive videos on YouTube.