This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

With BookTok taking the world by storm here are my top 5 must reads! If you are in a reading slump or just need a recommendation, this is the article for you. DISCLAIMER: this is totally opinionated, so feel free to disagree!! 

1. BEACH READ by Emily Henry

I totally adore Emily Henry’s writing style. She brings a certain light to her sunshine character, January, and perfectly contrasts her with the grumpy, Gus. If you love an enemies to friends to lovers romance, this is for you! 

1. A GOOD GIRL’S GUIDE TO MURDER by Holly Jackson

This is the first book in the trilogy and is so suspenseful that I read it in one day! This book has it all–from a murder mystery to an unexpected romance, this novel is a fabulous book to read if you want a lighthearted thriller. 

1. THE HATING GAME by Sally Thorne 

This was THE book that got me back into reading, it is a perfect lighthearted read for anyone in a reading slump. The movie adaptation just does not do this incredible novel justice! 

1. THE LOVE HYPOTHESIS by Ali Hazelwood

Ali Hazelwood has a unique take on romance novels because she writes about STEM romances! If you are a STEM girly or just love a good banter, this is the book for you!!

1. THE SEVEN HUSBANDS OF EVELYN HUGO by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Wow, this book is just incredible. It has a dual timeline with flashbacks and a twist that you never see coming. This book took the world by storm when it first came out and for good reason, if you haven’t read this book yet you are totally missing out! 

Brenna Morrison is a freshman at North Carolina State University and this is her first year as a member of Her Campus. Before coming to NC State University, Brenna took creative writing classes all throughout high school and was a member of her high schools creative writing club. She designed and created a scrapbook for the National Beta Convention as well. She also interned at a local District Attorneys Office where she updated case files and learned the ins and outs of Law. This internship inspired her to write her senior paper on Corruption in Correctional Institutions, which involved extensive research and interviews. She has recently studied abroad in Prague and hopes to study abroad again and learn about other counties Criminal Justice systems. Brenna is majoring in Criminology with a minor in Law and Justice at NC State University and hopes to become a criminal defense attorney or work for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Brenna is from Reidsville, North Carolina, a small rural town which no one has ever heard of. She loves to read, travel, surf and is an avid movie watcher. Her favorite book is 𝘉𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥 by Emily Henry and her favorite movies are 10 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘐 𝘏𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘈𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘠𝘰𝘶 and 𝘈 𝘓𝘦𝘢𝘨𝘶𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘖𝘸𝘯.