This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

As the curtain closes on yet another year of spectacular hits in the music industry, I am excited to present a compilation of the diverse hits that defined my 2023! From the rhythmic beats of pop anthems to the deep melodies of indie ballads, this list encapsulates everything I have felt this past year. As a music enthusiast, these 23 songs hold a special place in my heart. Read the list of 2023 releases below and find a new song to start your new year on the right tune. 

1. Frisky – Dominic Fike
  2. $20 – Boygenius
  3. Fishtail – Lana Del Rey
  4. Go Off – Doja Cat
  5. Sunshine – Briston Maroney
  6. While You Were Sleeping – Laufey
  7. Mind Your Business – Kehlani 
  8. Feather – Sabrina Carpenter
  9. making the bed – Olivia Rodrigo
  10. Rumors – The Driver Era
  11. One Of The Girls – The Weeknd
  12. Two people – Gracie Abrams
  13. Tummy Hurts – Reneé Rapp
  14. De Selby (Part 2) – Hozier
  15. GROWING UP IS ____ – Ruel
  16. a little more time – ROLE MODEL
  17. poster boy – Lyn Lapid
  18. Wes Anderson – Claire Rosinkranz
  19. Art House – Malcolm Todd
  20. My Love Mine All Mine – Mitski
  21. One Of Your Girls
  22. Look At Us Now (Honeycomb) – Daisy Jones & The Six
  23. Everywhere, Everything – Noah Kahan
Ushma Pathak is a new writer at Her Campus at NC State. She is excited to be writing new intriguing and cheerful content for her chapter. This is her first year on Her Campus and she is eager to start! Other than being a writer, Ushma is a first-year Graphic Design and Experience major and film studies minor! Ushma is very passionate about sustainable fashion and spent the summer sewing and up-cycling clothes! Ushma greatly enjoys traveling and experiencing new places and people. This summer Ushma traveled to Greece, Switzerland, Sweden, and Denmark! After graduation, she hopes to land a career in the film industry. Ushma is very passionate about visual effects, video editing, and CGI. Ushma was born and raised in Cary, NC, with her older sister. She spends most her free time, watching movies, listening to music, reading psychological thrillers, hanging out with friends, and traveling. Ushma's favorite TV shows currently are Normal People, One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, and Bridgerton.