This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

I was successful in escaping Glee on my Spotify Wrapped, making it ready to share. I am always such a fan of Spotify Wrapped and if you are too, here is an explanation of my top songs and artists and why I love them.

TOP ARTISTS

1. Taylor Swift (obviously)

Taylor Swift has been my number one artist for the past couple years, simply because listening to her music makes me happy. It’s the type of catchy tune and lyricism that I adore memorizing and screaming with my friends both in the car and in Nissan Stadium on May 6th (yes I will never stop talking about the luck we had of snagging tickets to the Era’s tour). My favorite album is Speak Now (Taylor’s Version) and I cannot wait until live recordings of her and Hayley Williams together come out when Paramore joins Taylor on tour.

2. Paramore (again- duh)

This picture says all it needs to about the joys of listening to Paramore. I also had the opportunity to see her live the week after Taylor and would sell my soul to see her again. Hayley’s stage presence (as pictured) is unmatched and so is her music with Paramore. Whenever I need a mood lifter, Rose Colored Boy, The News, Decode, Caught in the Middle, and so many others are my go to jams.

3. Conan Gray

CONAN GRAYYYYY! What a guy–another artist with incredible stage presence. I saw him about a year ago and need him to go on tour again ASAP–we are starving. His recent songs are (in my opinion) David Bowie Labyrinth core and I am obsessed, like I need the album now. I was a casual fan during his Sunset Season era but then Kid Krow came out just in time to help get me through one of the hardest times of my life and since then I have been in love with his music.

4. Olivia Rodrigo

What’s Conan Gray without Olivia Rodrigo? I was introduced to her through my obsession with Bizzardvark when I was younger and adored her music in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. Her music tends to be more of a casual listen to me and unfortunately I have yet to be able to see her live, but her music really encapsulates the teenage girl experience. I will always be down for a jam session featuring GUTS, SOUR, and of course High School Musical: The Musical: The Series soundtrack.

5. Ariana Grande

Last but not least for artists, my queen Ariana Grande. Her music is also the kind that I put on anytime I need a motivational jam session and I can’t wait to see her as Glinda in the movie adaptation of Wicked!! Her cloud perfume is also a staple of mine and her seasons of The Voice (alongside my other queen Kelly Clarkson) were some of my favorites.

TOP SONGS (in order)

Heaven- Niall Horan: I was obsessed with this song at first listen and am so excited to see him when he comes to Raleigh this summer!! The Show is such a good album, 10/10 recommend.

Decode- Paramore: As stated above, this is one of my go-to jam songs..plus it’s on the Twilight soundtrack, so of course it’s amazing.

Wish You Were Sober- Conan Gray: This song is such a good song to jam to in the car, highly recommend.

Holding Me Down- Chris Howland: Whenever I need a reminder that God’s got my back above all, this is my go to. It is so upbeat and uplifting, I listen to it all the time.

Cruel Summer- Taylor Swift: I am a little surprise of all the Taylor Swift songs I listen to this one showed up as a top song. I honestly expected Castles Crumbling or something off of folklore but can’t deny this song is another good jam.

Amanda is a current sophomore at NC State and writer for their Her Campus chapter. This is her first year in Her Campus and she is super excited to gain more experience writing in a blog-style format! Being a student at NC State, Amanda is double majoring in English with a Concentration in Secondary Education and Religious Studies with a minor in Women & Gender Studies. She is part of the Honors & Scholars program here at State and through that became a part of Creative Writing Crew last semester as a way to be held accountable with writing regularly. Throughout CWC, she really dived deep into writing poetry and short-narratives. This helped to grow her love for writing and interest to begin writing more blog-style articles. This semester she is also part of the Feminist Writing Group through the Women's Center and hopes to have time to join the English club! She is passionate about all things literature and education as well as all kinds of music and movies/shows. She plans on studying abroad both this summer and Spring 2025 semester and is excited to share her experiences through Her Campus. Aside from writing, Amanda adores going to concerts (current favorites seen live being Paramore, Taylor Swift, and Elton John). When she isn't reading in a coffee shop she spends her time binge watching TV-shows (such as Gilmore Girls, The Vampire Diaries, Glee, and One Tree Hill), hanging out with friends, listening to music, or just hanging with her cat. Some other current favorites include the movie The Blues Brothers and book Looking For Alaska by John Green. She is also currently a part of Every Nation Campus, an on-campus ministry that meets various days throughout the week. Post-graduation, she hopes to expand her teaching career to teaching ESL abroad and exploring the world while researching different religions effect on society and it's connection to different cultures gender norms and expectations! :))