This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

I just love weddings, and of course, the dress is my favorite part. I have had an idea of what I wanted my wedding dress to look like ever since I saw Catherine Middleton walk down the aisle to become the eventual Princess of Wales. I really love looking at celebrity wedding dresses because when you have as much money as they do, you can pretty much have whatever wedding dress you want, so they are typically the most elegant dresses I have ever seen. That said, here is a list of my favorite celebrity wedding dresses of all time. 

Catherine, the Princess of Wales

The Alexander McQueen gown that Catherine, the Princess of Wales, wore in 2011 to marry Prince William is my favorite wedding dress of all time. It is absolutely stunning and is the foundation for my love of lace wedding gowns.   

Diana, the Princess of Wales

I would never personally wear the 1980s puff sleeve extravaganza that is Princess Diana’s wedding gown, but it is arguably the most iconic wedding dress in history. Designed by David and Elizabeth Emanuel, the dress was made of taffeta and featured sequins, lace, and pearls with a 25-foot train. 

Paris Hilton

Paris Hilton’s 2021 Oscar De La Renta wedding gown is exactly what I want my wedding gown to look like. I love a turtleneck, and the fabric on the top of this dress is so unique and intricate I gasped when I saw photos for the first time.

Nicky Hilton

Much like her sister Paris, Nicky Hilton wore Valentino’s high-neck lace gown to marry James Rothschild at Kensington Palace in London. Talk about a fairytale dream wedding! She also had custom Christian Louboutin shoes and an almost ten-foot train.

Grace Kelly

The original wearer of the high-neck lace gown was actress Grace Kelly. After leaving Hollywood to marry Prince Rainier III of Monaco, she wore a Helen Rose gown that inspired many of the dresses on this list. 

Audrey Hepburn

Audrey Hepburn’s wedding dress to marry her first husband, Mel Ferrer, in 1954 is such a charming and romantic Balmain gown. I absolutely adore the sleeves on the dress and her choice to accessorize with gloves.

Sharon Tate

I typically am the biggest hater of short wedding dresses, but Sharon Tate’s 1968 Alba dress she wore to marry Roman Polanski is my only exception. Tate was a 60s fashion icon, and there are nothing more sixties than a mini dress, so it is fitting that she chose one for her big day. 

Naomi Biden

My current wedding dress obsession is President Joe Biden’s granddaughter, Naomi Biden. She got married in Ralph Lauren at the White House, and the photos were stunning. The dress is a high-neck lace gown that Grace Kelly obviously inspires. 

Pippa Middleton

Catherine isn’t the only fashionable one in the family! Her younger sister Pippa wore a short sleeve, lace, turtleneck gown by Giles Deacon to marry racecar driver James Matthews. For a lace gown, I typically prefer long sleeves, but the short sleeves on this gown are so dainty and elegant.

Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex

I have to say; I was not a huge fan of Meghan Markle’s ceremony dress. It was very bland to me, but when she walked out to head to her reception in a sleeveless, halter, turtleneck gown by Stella McCartney, I forgot all about the ceremony dress. 

Hailey Bieber

Another lace gown that I love is Hailey Bieber’s (formerly Baldwin’s) off-the-shoulder dress by Virgil Abloh. It had a combined sense of youth while also being very mature and elegant. 

Lady Kitty Spencer

The final dress on this list belongs to Lady Kitty Spencer, niece of Princess Diana. She had a total of SIX Dolce & Gabbana gowns at her wedding, but her ceremony dress is, without a doubt, my favorite. I love the accentuated shoulders and the extremely high neck, and of course, the lace. 

Cameron Crews is the president of Her Campus at NC State. She is responsible for publishing all articles, leading meetings, encouraging all staff, and overseeing the entire chapter. This is her third year on Her Campus and her second year as President. Outside of Her Campus, Cameron was the Editor-in-Chief of her high school’s yearbook, which she helped lead to being awarded the best book in the entire state and honored at Columbia University’s scholastic journalism awards. She worked as an intern at Southpark Magazine in Charlotte, NC, where she edited articles, conducted interviews, and assisted the editors. In the Summer of 2023, she attended Regents University in London, England, where she took fashion classes from high players in the fashion industry who have worked with the likes of Andy Warhol, Alexander McQueen, Christian Siriano, and more. She also had the opportunity to interview Brendan Fraser immediately after he won his “Best Actor” Oscar at the 2023 Academy Awards. She is a junior at NC State University majoring in Communications with a minor in Journalism. After graduation, she hopes to move to New York, LA, Paris, or London and work in the fashion industry as either a fashion editor or celebrity stylist. Cameron was born and raised in Charlotte, NC, with her younger brother and dog, George Bailey. She enjoys shopping, watching movies, listening to music, writing, hanging out with friends, and traveling in her free time. She is a huge Taylor Swift and Harry Styles fan and has seen them both in concert multiple times. She is also a huge Timothee Chalamet aficionado and is a huge movie fan–with some of her favorites being Once Upon A Time…In Hollywood, Barbie, Lady Bird, the Breakfast Club, and Breakfast at Tiffany’s.