My Absolute Dream Era’s Tour Setlist…That Is Never Going to Happen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

I don’t know about you, but me and Taylor Swift fans everywhere are holding their breath in anticipation of finding out the setlist for Taylor Swift’s long-awaited Era’s Tour. She has released six albums (including re-records) since her last tour, so the possibilities are endless. The tour itself is called the Era’s tour, which to me sounds like a greatest hits or retirement tour I know every Swiftie has their theories for what they think she will sing, and they definitely have a list of songs that they absolutely want her to sing, so I wanted to share the songs I want her to sing, but I am not sure if she will sing them or not.

Style

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion because it was a single, but “Style” is one of my favorite songs not only by Swift but of all time. I have already seen it live twice on the 1989 and Reputation tours, but I just absolutely need to see it again, but I am not sure if she will sing it due to the other singles that she released from the album.

New Romantics

I will never understand how “New Romantics” was considered a bonus song on 1989, it is another one of my favorites and one of the best off of the album. However, I do not anticipate her singing this, much to my dismay.

I Wish You Would

She is never going to sing “I Wish You Would” on this tour, but a girl can dream, right?

…Ready For It

Even though she opened the Reputation tour with “…Ready For It,” it is literally the perfect song to start a tour, and I wouldn’t be mad if she started this tour with it too, but I know that is never going to happen.

Don’t Blame Me

In a song that her fans say “takes them to church,” I need her to sing “Don’t Blame Me” because it is one of my favorites off of Reputation, however, if she only doing the hits, I don’t expect this to make the cut.

So It Goes…

I am still bitter that she didn’t sing “So It Goes…” during the Reputation tour and let it play as everyone left the stadium. 

Cruel Summer

IF SHE DOESN’T SING “CRUEL SUMMER,” I WILL BE SO SAD!!! Part of me thinks it’s a shoo-in, but the other part is skeptical. I just really hope she does because I need to see this song live.

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Lover as a whole is fair-game to me on what she is going to choose to sing. I think fans would be really pleased if she sings “Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince,” but once again, I don’t know what the process for picking the songs is if she is only playing her hits. 

mirrorball

She always does a slow-down moment on tour, where she either sits down at the piano or grabs her guitar, and I think “mirrorball” would be perfect for one of these moments.  

august

“august” IS ANOTHER SONG THAT IF SHE DOESN’T SING, I WILL BE SO SAD!! This is quite possibly my favorite song of hers of all time, and once again, need to see it live.

illicit affairs

There is absolutely no way she sings “illicit affairs” from folklore, but I really hope she chooses it as the surprise song for my show because this is another one I need to see live.

champagne problems

This is another great song for a slow-down moment and one that I think fans would have such a fun time belting out along with her.

ivy

evermore is another album that is up in the air to me when it comes to what songs she will sing. One of the longshots is “ivy,” but I hope it makes its way in there somehow.

cowboy like me

Another longshot from evermore is “cowboy like me,” but I think this could be so beautifully sung live if she gives it a chance.

I Bet You Think About Me

With the release of Red (Taylor’s Version), her options are endless for what she could sing from her fourth album, but one from the vault that I hope is on the list is “I Bet You Think About Me.”

Paris

The final song that I know will not be on the list is “Paris” from the deluxe version of her newest album, Midnights. This song is so upbeat and fun and is one of my mom’s favorites, but I just don’t think it will make the cut.

Regardless of what she does and doesn’t sing, I will be grateful just to be there, and I am over the moon excited to see her live again! 

Cameron Crews is the president of Her Campus at NC State. She is responsible for publishing all articles, leading meetings, encouraging all staff, and overseeing the entire chapter. This is her third year on Her Campus and her second year as President. Outside of Her Campus, Cameron was the Editor-in-Chief of her high school’s yearbook, which she helped lead to being awarded the best book in the entire state and honored at Columbia University’s scholastic journalism awards. She worked as an intern at Southpark Magazine in Charlotte, NC, where she edited articles, conducted interviews, and assisted the editors. In the Summer of 2023, she attended Regents University in London, England, where she took fashion classes from high players in the fashion industry who have worked with the likes of Andy Warhol, Alexander McQueen, Christian Siriano, and more. She also had the opportunity to interview Brendan Fraser immediately after he won his “Best Actor” Oscar at the 2023 Academy Awards. She is a junior at NC State University majoring in Communications with a minor in Journalism. After graduation, she hopes to move to New York, LA, Paris, or London and work in the fashion industry as either a fashion editor or celebrity stylist. Cameron was born and raised in Charlotte, NC, with her younger brother and dog, George Bailey. She enjoys shopping, watching movies, listening to music, writing, hanging out with friends, and traveling in her free time. She is a huge Taylor Swift and Harry Styles fan and has seen them both in concert multiple times. She is also a huge Timothee Chalamet aficionado and is a huge movie fan–with some of her favorites being Once Upon A Time…In Hollywood, Barbie, Lady Bird, the Breakfast Club, and Breakfast at Tiffany’s.