This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

About a month ago, I came across an artist named ODIE, thanks to a friend.  Being introduced to new artists who aren’t necessarily “well-known”, has got to be one of the top things that brings me joy.  ODIE is a Canadian singer and songwriter specializing in the R&B/Soul genre.  He’s currently sitting at a 35.4k following on Instagram and released his first single during the year of 2017, with his debut album following shortly after in 2018.  

His album from 2018, Analogue, is what caught my attention.  It spoke to me in ways no other album has, especially at this point in my life. It’s about still trying to find yourself in everything you do and just going day by day.  None of us know what tomorrow is going to bring and that’s why I think everyone can find a way to connect with this up and coming artist.  This album has helped with getting me to want to live in the moment and not worrying about the future.  

My top songs from this album, in no particular order, are as follows…

1. Noise
  2. North Face
  3. Story
  4. Bliss City
  5. In My Head

“North Face” is the first song I ever listened to and right then and there I was convinced I had to finish the whole album.  “Noise” was one of the many songs I deeply connected with because of my love for music and this song is about just that.  He emphasizes the impact music had on his life and the importance it has.  ODIE’s music has upbeat rhythms that suck you right in and leave you wanting more.

From solely listening to ODIE’s music, it’s obvious how passionate he is about connecting with his audience through the music he is creating.  That is what makes him such a genuine and real artist.  If there’s one artist you need to give a shot it’s ODIE, even if it is not your preferred genre.  I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

Hi!! My name is Annabella and I’m a junior majoring in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and minors in Journalism and Business Administration. I love music, writing, hiking, reading, and traveling!