Local Online Businesses to Shop with This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

The Holiday season is here and with it comes endless shopping for family, friends, or even yourself! There are so many amazing places to shop, in-person and online, but I suggest shopping small and local this season and supporting businesses in your area! Don’t know where to start? Here are some online local Raleigh businesses that I recommend shopping from!

Give Love Studios

If you are looking for adorable Taylor Swift-themed prints, stickers, wrapping paper, and more, then Give Love Studios is the shop for you! Along with Taylor Swift they also have Harry Styles, Noah Kahan, and Olivia Rodrigo merchandise! Each product is designed by the shops owner, Lizzie, who is also a college student! My favorite product are the Taylor Swift holiday gift tags!

Nine Lives Vintage

Want to shop for cool vintage clothes, bags, and accessories? Then Nine Lives Vintage is a great place to shop! Sourcing from all over Raleigh and North Carolina, there are some truly unique pieces that are great to add to your wardrobe. Shopping with vintage sellers is also sustainable, which is a huge plus! I recently purchased a vintage sweatshirt from them, and LOVE it! Their owner Kristen is also a college student!

Sweet Cakery Soaps

If you are looking for a truly unique gift, then Sweet Cakery Soaps is the place to go! Their owner Christian, makes handmade soaps that look like real food! She has donuts, cinnamon rolls, and even a chicken finger and French fry basket, that all smell amazing! There is something for everyone in her shop! My favorite product is the Glazed Donut soap!

OneBetch

Calling all Taylor Swift lovers! OneBetch is another great shop where you can find Taylor Swift themed stickers, prints, and shirts! Did you go to the Eras Tour this year? Well, she has stickers themed to each show! There is also North Carolina themed prints and everything is designed by the shop’s owner Ashley! My favorite product is the custom Eras tour stickers!

Funny Little Flower

Want to show the world your love for Taylor Swift? Then FunnyLittleFlower has you covered! Through adorable sweatshirts and matching stickers, showcase your favorite lyrics like “Pathological People Pleaser” or “If A Man Talks Shit Then I Owe Him Nothing” and let everyone know that you are a Swiftie! Everything is handmade by the shop’s owner Valerie, and includes shirts, stickers, bookmarks, candles, and more! My favorite product is the “Pathological People Pleaser” sweatshirt!

Much Joy Ahead Art

The final shop on our list is Much Joy Ahead Art! Specializing in tufted rugs and art prints, Much Joy Ahead is a great place to shop if you are looking for some really unique and artistic rugs and art! The shop’s owner, Madi, was inspired by her grandmother when opening her business and it is such a beautiful tribute to her! My favorite product are the tufted rugs!

These few shops are GREAT local places if you are looking for handmade and unique gifts to give this Holiday season!

Cameron Crews is the president of Her Campus at NC State. She is responsible for publishing all articles, leading meetings, encouraging all staff, and overseeing the entire chapter. This is her third year on Her Campus and her second year as President. Outside of Her Campus, Cameron was the Editor-in-Chief of her high school’s yearbook, which she helped lead to being awarded the best book in the entire state and honored at Columbia University’s scholastic journalism awards. She worked as an intern at Southpark Magazine in Charlotte, NC, where she edited articles, conducted interviews, and assisted the editors. In the Summer of 2023, she attended Regents University in London, England, where she took fashion classes from high players in the fashion industry who have worked with the likes of Andy Warhol, Alexander McQueen, Christian Siriano, and more. She also had the opportunity to interview Brendan Fraser immediately after he won his “Best Actor” Oscar at the 2023 Academy Awards. She is a junior at NC State University majoring in Communications with a minor in Journalism. After graduation, she hopes to move to New York, LA, Paris, or London and work in the fashion industry as either a fashion editor or celebrity stylist. Cameron was born and raised in Charlotte, NC, with her younger brother and dog, George Bailey. She enjoys shopping, watching movies, listening to music, writing, hanging out with friends, and traveling in her free time. She is a huge Taylor Swift and Harry Styles fan and has seen them both in concert multiple times. She is also a huge Timothee Chalamet aficionado and is a huge movie fan–with some of her favorites being Once Upon A Time…In Hollywood, Barbie, Lady Bird, the Breakfast Club, and Breakfast at Tiffany’s.