Let’s Talk About Harry Styles: Love on Tour

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

If you know me you know that I have loved Harry Styles since I was 11 years old… and I am almost 21 now. I even have a TPWK tattoo! So, to say I was excited to see him in Raleigh was an understatement. I got my tickets for the concert in 2019, before the pandemic and I have been patiently waiting for two years to see him perform again, and all I can say is that he did not disappoint. 

I first saw Harry solo on his tour in 2018. That specific concert will always hold a special place in my heart because I was incredibly proud of him and I just love his first album more than anything. But, his second album, Fine Line, is genuinely one of my favorite albums of all time and I wanted nothing more than to hear him sing those songs live! 

On the day of the concert, I was absolutely ecstatic and I couldn’t wait for the clock to strike 8 o’clock. If you have seen anything about Harry’s concerts online, you know that for Harry fans, Love on Tour is their very own fashion show, so you have to show out. I started getting ready at 4 and made sure that my makeup and hair were perfect. I went for a sparkly, pink eye shadow look and curly hair to match my pink and purple 70s inspired outfit. By the time I was finished getting ready, it was almost 7, and we quickly took pictures and drove to PNC Arena where the concert was being held.

As I walked into PNC, I was genuinely shaking from excitement, I couldn’t quite believe that the moment I had been waiting almost two years for was finally becoming a reality. My sister and I walked to our seats and were incredibly happy that our seats were so close to the stage. As the clock hit nine, the lights went down and the intro came on, everyone was going insane. I was screaming, my sister was screaming and everyone around me was screaming. Then, the “duh, duh, duhs” of the song Golden came on and I lost it. 

He opened with Golden and then went straight into Carolina. When I tell you the whole stadium was jumping for both Golden and Carolina, I mean it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the stadium was pulsing because every person in that building was dancing and jumping around. Carolina went especially hard because, well, we were in North Carolina and everyone was loving the fact that he was singing Carolina in Carolina! 

Some of my favorite moments from the show were when Harry sang Cherry acoustic with two of his band members. It was genuinely beautiful and was a great contrast to the other songs he sang before it. I also loved when he sang Canyon Moon, Treat People With Kindness, and What Makes You Beautiful because the way the band arranged the songs together was so much fun and it was such an energetic part of the show that really picked up the energy after some of the slower songs before it. 

Harry in general is just an amazing performer and knows how to interact with a crowd. Although at this particular show he didn’t interact as much as he has in past shows, he still read some signs and was his usual charming self. He even sang happy birthday to a girl and made sure that people knew that if they came alone to the show, they weren’t actually alone because they have him and everyone else there, which was a really nice moment. 

As the show came to an end, Harry sang Fine Line. I knew that when he sang this song I would be emotional but, I didn’t know how much it would truly affect me. I started bawling when he sang it, not only because it’s a beautiful song, but also because I was thinking about everything that I have been through and how much Harry and his music have gotten me through hard times. As cheesy as it sounds, for me, this concert symbolized how even in hard times, there is always something to look forward to.

If you have the chance to see Harry in concert, I highly recommend it. It was one of the best nights I’ve had in a very long time and I cannot wait to see him again on Halloween in New York!

Hi! My name is Olivia Soosaar, I’m from Asheville, North Carolina and I’m a junior at NC State! I’m majoring in Communications Media and minoring in Journalism. I love all things music, movies and pop culture!