Jazzed about Jamberry!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

What if you could have an at home manicure last two weeks, and an at home pedicure that could last two months?

I’ve been painting my nails since I was old enough to hold a brush, and it hasn’t always been pretty. As I’ve gotten older my problems have escalated from having to clean polish off my entire finger to trying to find a polish that will stay on my nails. I cannot count how many times I’ve painted my nails, gone through a day of classes, and then at the end of the day my polish has chipped. As disappointing as it was I accepted it as my forever love-hate relationship with nail polish until I found Jamberry! I’ll admit I was skeptical at first when my aunt tried to convince me to try them. They looked like the little stickers that would just fall off if I slept wrong. It was love at first file…

Jamberry Nail Shields are a nail vinyl that goes on over your natural nail or acrylics. They come in sheets like the stickers, but they last so much longer and look so much better! I was worried they weren’t going to fit my fingers right but each sheet has nail sizes one through nine so it was a piece of cake. Another great perk is that they’re easy to trim to the exact shape you need. You just need some good scissors. Sheets come in hundreds of different colors, finishes, and patterns. Some of my favorites are the Amethyst Sparkle, Colorful Stars, and Support Our Troops. There are some sheets that are associated with a cause, like the Support Our Troops, in which case a percentage from each sale of that vinyl goes towards that charity. One sheet serves me with at least three applications, more if I’m only doing toes. Sheets are fifteen dollars each but Jamberry runs a promotion year-round of Buy 3 Get 1 Free, so if you can get a few friends together you could end up with quite a Jamberry library. Traditional French tips, loud animal prints, and even some patterns to help ring in the autumn season means there’s something for everyone.
(Check out all your choices here: http://www.jamberrynails.net/home/default.aspx)

Jamberry, affectionately called, “Jams” by my aunt and I, recently took their maiden voyage into the style industry, being featured in Fashion Week. Stay ahead of the curve and be the first one on your campus to show off your unique style with Jamberry’s. Application directions are printed on the back of each nail sheet, but be sure to check out my Jamberry Application How-To for a break down and some tricks!
Have you tried Jamberry’s before? What did you think of them? Leave a comment below and let us know!

Source: 

http://www.jamberrynails.net/home/default.aspx

Misha Tobar is a junior at North Carolina State University. She is majoring in Political Science and hopes to attend law school to become a lawyer. In her spare time she loves to write and catch up on her favorite tv shows. Her interests include fashion, beauty, exploring new restaurants, and blogging.