This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

Valentine’s Day as we all know is a day with conflicted opinions; there are those who will spend that day with their significant other, doing activities straight out of the movies; there are others who do not believe in the holiday because it is simply a capitalistic move; and then there are women who will take this as a chance to spend time with their (usually) single friends. Whatever you are doing (or not doing) on Valentine’s Day, you have to admit anything can go.

This year, my friends and I decided to go all out and throw a ‘Galentine’s’ party the weekend before and for the day of do a homemade fondue. Regardless of your relationship status, it is important to show your appreciation for the ones you surround yourself with the most. Having a good group of friends is something that is hard to come by, but when you finally do it is something so rewarding. My friends are people that I love spending time with and love doing these kinds of things with. Even if it was not Valentine’s Day, we always try to find something to do together; otherwise, we just chill and hang out, both of which are completely fine.

Our college years are times that we are going to cherish forever, and it is important that we make the most of them. ‘Galentine’s’ is simply and excuse for us to have fun together, but on any other day I will consider my close friends as my Galentines any day of the year.

My name is Rose Soltani and I am a writer of Her Campus at NC State University. I love writing and sharing my thoughts and ideas with everyone! I am a 4th year Business Administration Major with a Concentration in Marketing and I am also minoring in Middle East Studies. Upon graduation I am looking forward to attending law school due to my passion for law and legal rights issues. In the summer of 2022, I was fortunate enough to be a part of Duke University Law School's Pre-Law Fellowship. I learned so much valuable information about preparing for law school as well as the legal field. This past summer, I focused on studying for the LSAT. I was raised in Charlotte, NC and am the oldest of 3 children. I have 2 younger brothers so I love spending time with when I am back at home. I love baking, traveling, going for walks, and spending time with family and friends in my free time. Some of my favorite movies include How to Lose a Guy in 10 days and Father of the Bride.