BTC DORM
BTC DORM
HCM Design
Wellness

Five of the Best Trader Joe’s Finds for College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at NCSU chapter.

As college students, easy and affordable meals are a must have. Without a meal plan, dining hall meals can get expensive and are not always the most convenient when you are busy or in a rush. Luckily, Trader Joe’s offers a wide variety of premade meals and snacks that are perfect for people on the go. Below, I have listed five simple Trader Joe’s meals and snacks that are perfect for college students and our busy schedules.

1. Mandarin Orange Chicken

The Trader Joe’s orange chicken is for sure a crowd favorite. Under five dollars and located in the frozen food aisle, it’s super easy to pop in the oven after a long day. An added perk is that it’s high in protein – just cook the chicken and add the sauce!

1. Chicken Fried Rice

Another frozen meal, this chicken fried rice is super easy and delicious. It takes roughly five minutes to cook on the stove top and you can customize it by adding extra veggies or sauces!

1. Soup Dumplings

Many of us know and love the famous soup dumplings. A pack comes with six large dumplings, which are surprisingly filling and oh so delicious. After only a few minutes in the microwave, they are ready – a perfect last minute meal!

1. Chicken Burrito Bowl

Arguably the best between-classes lunch, the chicken burrito bowl is less then four dollars per bowl and high in protein and nutrients. Just a quick pop in the microwave and it’s ready to eat! It’s the perfect quick meal to eat while you’re finishing up work.

1. Frozen Mac and Cheese

Personally, this ranks in as my favorite frozen meal of all time. Even if it isn’t the healthiest of the bunch, it is made with a creamy, five cheese sauce that is amazing. It can be baked in the oven and cooked in the microwave, and can be eaten as a meal or a side dish! It is truly the best mac and cheese for a comforting and warm meal.

Lily Grissom is a sophomore at NC State University majoring in Accounting with a concentration in Financial Analysis. Some of her favorite things are movies, music, and the environment!